Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

Logged but no regstered record respond from Serv

Users helping users.

Logged but no regstered record respond from Serv

Postby |PsY| 'Mod » Jul 7th, '11, 11:53 am

Hello.

Sorry if i open a new topic for this even the FAQ
: I was logged in and scored a time on a mDd server, but there was no response from the record system. Is my time Lost?

A: No, your time is saved to our database. It's very likely that our main server just didn't respond. Your time is never lost, UNLESS there is a message that tells you the game server can't connect to the database.
If !top works, your time was saved.

Does explain that in the forefield. I registered a strange thing. Once i log into a server and score a time the server is not responding. I checked everything perhaps its my fault but didnt "recognize" any failure from my side. Thought maybe the Serverlist will show you your time. Wrong. Not even the serverlist shows me my record on refresh. Maybe it is the server ? :S Well i even conected to 3 anothers ones. Same thing. Perhaps it was cause i was offline playing with sv_cheats? Restarted pc. Nothing changed!

This error was spotted today so perhaps there is someone with the same issue who could lend me a helping hand.

Thanks in advance
|PsY| 'Mod

Re: Logged but no regstered record respond from Serv

Postby c9.diz » Jul 7th, '11, 1:18 pm

Had this yesterday aswell, I was assuming the database had issues...
c9.diz

Postby <hk> » Jul 7th, '11, 10:03 pm

*sigh* :roll:
Here is how it works:

Every server pushes its records to our database into a certain temporary table. Then a programm called RecordSystemDaemon picks the records up and sorts them into the real database.
The RecordSystemDaemon also sends out these "you are now rank..." messages.

We use this program to avoid synchronisation problems and to do some computations like stats in general. It could also validate demos in the future.

If this RecordSystemDaemon crashes for whatever reason, no messages are being send back to the servers. The records however pile up in the temporary table. Once the program runs again they will be sorted into the real record database.
:teasing-blah:

Just wait until our software is back up. No times are lost.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby TittenIgnition » Jul 7th, '11, 10:49 pm

Is there any potential for the database itself to cease functioning?

:think: :whistle:
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby <hk> » Jul 8th, '11, 8:14 am

Sometimes the routes between the russian and the database server gets lost. That means the servers can't put their data into the database server. Records get lost. The game server will tell the player with a "no connection to database."-message.

The database itself is simple. The server is either up or down. It's hard to break it entirely.

BTW: The RecordDaemon is back up. The ~1000 times have been moved into the database.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7