Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

More exploits!

Users helping users.

Re: More exploits!

Postby TittenIgnition » Jul 29th, '11, 12:10 am

amt-morbus wrote:http://youtu.be/5Tthm2Ax8f8

2:07 ?

Are you asking what that is?

Because to me, it looks like a sticky + skim. You're probably more of an expert than me, though.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby amt-morbus » Jul 29th, '11, 5:36 pm

Nope.
Asking if this technique is known (prejump then skim).
amt-morbus

Postby TittenIgnition » Jul 29th, '11, 6:40 pm

I think I've seen it once or twice... And I've done it before as well.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby RetroHelix » Jul 30th, '11, 11:54 am

Ceiling movement:
Im really surprised to see something new in Quake. Does anyone knows a dfrun where this could be usefull?

There was a bug in a competition-map once where you could safe the direction and velocity you got from a jumppad through a teleporter. There was a jumppad placed in water and the water was a teleporter. If I remember right there were grenades involved to take advantage of the bug after it occurred there. We wrote about this over at opc too. Does anybody know what i mean?
RetroHelix

Postby sjuk » Jul 30th, '11, 1:36 pm

amt-morbus wrote:Nope.
Asking if this technique is known (prejump then skim).

Heh that's a nice little tricky thing.
The best example of its usage i can remember is at pea_fuckeds map, allows tiny and sexy sc to be possible (:

Oh and I would love to see aswell if someone comes up with a stylish usage of that ceiling grenade bug on some dfrun map ; o
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby khetti » Jul 30th, '11, 4:15 pm

RetroHelix wrote:There was a bug in a competition-map once where you could safe the direction and velocity you got from a jumppad through a teleporter. There was a jumppad placed in water and the water was a teleporter. If I remember right there were grenades involved to take advantage of the bug after it occurred there. We wrote about this over at opc too. Does anybody know what i mean?

http://q3a.ath.cx/map/hfcomp07/

It is a cool bug, I think.
Surprising it hasn't shown up in other maps.
khetti

Postby amt-morbus » Jul 30th, '11, 11:31 pm

Found this demo:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
amt-morbus

Postby spanx » Sep 8th, '11, 9:30 pm

how do you do the bug in sjt2?
spanx

Postby setup » Sep 27th, '11, 3:17 pm

Very nice demos in this thread. Thanks for sharing.
Luck is evil.
setup

Postby dqopb » Sep 4th, '12, 1:29 pm

:idea: That ceiling climb can also be performed with rockets, but only in 1 shot at a time (rockets shoot too seldom to be able to keep the player stuck; even with haste I haven't managed to get positive knock-back on Z after at least 2 shots).
The attached demo has 2 examples of that ceiling climb with rockets.

The first rocket shot is combined with a ceiling (platform) skim. But in low timescale you can see that Z velocity gets additional increase from the rocket splash. That means the 1st rocket actually pushes up the player box a bit (its not only platform ceiling skim to take place).

The 2nd rocket shot also added positive Z-velocity (maybe this could have been an ordinary shot, but I wanted to show another usage example).

Thus, with rockets this bug can be used when skimming a platform of a ceiling edge, or just to prolong the flight when starting to fall down right below the ceiling. :think:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dqopb

PreviousNext