Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

Circle Jumping Tips?

Users helping users.

Circle Jumping Tips?

Postby Leaf » Mar 26th, '11, 7:48 pm

Seems I'm the only one posting new topics here...

Anyway, I've been practicing my circle jumps and I'm wondering what is a good average circle jump that I can realistically expect to achieve in vq3, in terms of speed/distance?

I can sometime jump with speeds of 540 and distances of 360 . For some reason, I seem to cj much further on cj training maps (xcm_tricks/cos1). At the start of a run, I tend to average around 510.
Leaf

Re: Circle Jumping Tips?

Postby $$-albion » Mar 26th, '11, 8:31 pm

Well, I don't really know the values for vq3 circlejumps, but for cpm a "good" circlejump is around 580-600ups a better cj is 600+ ups :p If you want more info on cpm circlejumps, ask Lucifer, he's the master of circlejumps 8-)
$$-albion

Postby <hk> » Mar 26th, '11, 8:46 pm

You jump longer, due to a effect called ramping. You get it when you try to reach a pad and just barely make it.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Phoenix » Apr 27th, '11, 7:42 am

530+ is a decent vq3 cj. 550+ is about the best vq3 cj you'll get. 554 is my personal best. Don't think anyone could do better without a script/bot really. At least not with any consistency. My average is bad only around 530ish.
Phoenix

Postby TittenIgnition » Apr 27th, '11, 5:08 pm

Phoenix wrote:530+ is a decent vq3 cj. 550+ is about the best vq3 cj you'll get. 554 is my personal best. Don't think anyone could do better without a script/bot really. At least not with any consistency. My average is bad only around 530ish.

with the previously mentioned ramping, along with other things like velocity snapping, you can get over 600u in vq3 :D

i dont know my personal best vq3 cj, but my best cpm is 618. there was one day recently where i would get 600+ every time, but now im back down to ~590 :<
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby <hk> » Apr 27th, '11, 5:17 pm

KittenIgnition wrote:with the previously mentioned ramping, along with other things like velocity snapping, you can get over 600u in vq3 :D

i dont know my personal best vq3 cj, but my best cpm is 618. there was one day recently where i would get 600+ every time, but now im back down to ~590 :<

Er, are we talking about the same VQ3 here? Nobody can do a 590 cj by hand in VQ3.
Why don't you upload a demo? :)
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby TittenIgnition » Apr 27th, '11, 6:03 pm

<hk> wrote:
KittenIgnition wrote:with the previously mentioned ramping, along with other things like velocity snapping, you can get over 600u in vq3 :D

Er, are we talking about the same VQ3 here? Nobody can do a 590 cj by hand in VQ3.
Why don't you upload a demo? :)

wasnt talking about human/by hand.

but i think someone said that the better players can get really high speeds w/ ramping. i forget who said it and who he was talking about, though.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Leaf » Apr 27th, '11, 10:02 pm

I've come to the conclusion that there isn't any real special trick to a good CJ. It's just about lots of practice. My CJs seem to slowly get better with time, although some days I'll be able to get 530 no problem, and other times I'll struggle to get 510.
Leaf

Postby TittenIgnition » Apr 27th, '11, 10:14 pm

Leaf wrote:I've come to the conclusion that there isn't any real special trick to a good CJ. It's just about lots of practice. My CJs seem to slowly get better with time, although some days I'll be able to get 530 no problem, and other times I'll struggle to get 510.

well yeah, theres a lot of practice involved.

one thing you need to take into account (heavily) is ramping. your cj will be "faster" if you try to cj using strafe pads (or cj pads, like on tr1ckhouse-beta2). thats all you really need to take into account. beyond that, as long as you know how to accelerate on the ground and in the air, its all hardcore training.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition