Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

Stupid bugs

Users helping users.

Stupid bugs

Postby khtti » Jan 1st, '11, 11:02 pm

- Some maps run terribly, even on a pc which should handle the game fine. People with worse PCs don't seem to suffer as badly, and theres nothing abnormal about my configuration, so this is hard to diagnose.
- Sometimes the mouse goes choppy even though I'm not dropping frames. For some reason this happens more frequently when doing circle jumps.

Most annoyingly:
- Sometimes I get bad fps on maps where I easily got 125 before, but only while playing. Fps goes back to normal as soon as I go to spec mode. This one makes no sense at all.
Today I tried running pea_empty, which should be NO PROBLEM to run smoothly, and has never been a problem in the past. I was getting horrible lags and ~70fps at some points, but it ran perfectly smooth once I did /team s. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DFEngine 1.08
khtti

Re: Stupid bugs

Postby <hk> » Jan 2nd, '11, 12:19 am

There was a time my graphics driver had the same interrupt as my sound card. This got me especially when I was plasmaclimbing. The frequent fire and impact sounds plus the flashing graphic effects were too much. -> FPS drops -> input lag

There are different types of USB transfers. Mice use the interrupt type. Interrupt type transfers can't be ignored by the stack. They will be executed no matter what. There is no way the input of your mouse doesn't reach the computer. It must be something after the stack. My bet is on Windows, not DFengine.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7