Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

Airstrafes

Users helping users.

Re: Airstrafes

Postby Arcaon » Dec 13th, '10, 1:46 pm

<hk> wrote:
(: a wrote:Ohh, so that means that within the time you'd usually gain 80 ups (~0.7 secs), you'll gain ~8 ups when airstrafing? :roll:

Don't get me wrong here. This is not about the strafe bug.

You usually do a cj on ground to start the strafe, but you can't do that midair. So you just hold down forward. The airaccel applies to the start of the airstrafe where you accel to 320 u/s. Usually you are at 320 u/s within a second. Midair it takes 10 times longer.

I don't know about the strafe bug but you should accel just like on the ground. I can't say for sure, though. I didn't read into the code yet.

Ok, didn't know we were explicitly talking about 0 ups airstrafes.
Arcaon

Postby bunny » Dec 13th, '10, 8:13 pm

plz(please) correct ur post hk :X
real Crysis Warhead.
penis.
bunny

Postby Phoenix » Dec 16th, '10, 8:19 pm

So I has ancient unreleased demos. Guess I'll share a few :p These were all done around 2004ish (been a while I don't really remember). Everything was believed to be original when I did it but I'm pretty sure the last 2 have been done since I did them (maybe before who knows). I think the insane strafe demo hasn't been done before by anyone else to my knowledge? Maybe I've missed it but I've never seen it and I know it was hard as fuck for me although my strafing skills aren't that good :p I remember it took me about 12 hours to land it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Phoenix

Postby TittenIgnition » Mar 3rd, '11, 3:14 am

nuffin too special... took me a while to land, something like 1/2 hour - 45 minutes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Previous