Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

How defrag tricks work

Users helping users.

Re: How defrag tricks work

Postby Phoenix » Dec 13th, '10, 9:00 pm

Shio created the mapping script that makes the "2337" counter in w3sp-think17 work. While it may actually be more work than the actual map part that w3sp did it doesn't mean that he has any knowledge of the bug required to finish the map (if you haven't figured it out yet: the counter does nothing). Maybe he does though, who knows. We won't know for sure unless he tells us but it's not nice to assume :p
Phoenix

Postby demon0r » Dec 13th, '10, 10:00 pm

Oh cmon, cut this crap. It will be the same story as gazboost. We won't know the trick untill mr 'lick my balls and maybe i'll show you' decides to give us the piece of this mysterious cake :P Relax :)
demon0r

Postby RetroHelix » Dec 13th, '10, 10:35 pm

|r3v|D wrote:Oh cmon, cut this crap. It will be the same story as gazboost. We won't know the trick untill mr 'lick my balls and maybe i'll show you' decides to give us the piece of this mysterious cake :P Relax :)

Nicely said. :violin:
RetroHelix

Postby Daemond! » May 9th, '11, 12:40 am

|r3v|D wrote:Oh cmon, cut this crap. It will be the same story as gazboost. We won't know the trick untill mr 'lick my balls and maybe i'll show you' decides to give us the piece of this mysterious cake :P Relax :)

Did Mr. "lick my balls and maybe i'll show you" decide to show us yet?!
Daemond!

Postby TittenIgnition » May 9th, '11, 3:56 am

Daemond wrote:

Did Mr. "lick my balls and maybe i'll show you" decide to show us yet?!

nope :P
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby dqopb » May 14th, '13, 6:51 pm

The most comprehensive explanation of math behind strafes (thanks to someone injx):What is not explained there, is snapping (only mentioned once), and the need to make short Jump presses / upmove reducing cheat.
I suggest adding snapping to the list later.

What for the following:
  • Rebouncing (being stuck in a wall accumulating speed (used in sjt2))
  • Z-Rebouncing (the trick solving think17)
As far as I know, these used to be called wallbugs. The engine allows gaining speed while the player stays in place in a brush (sometimes slowly moves as in think17). Some wallbugs allow gaining only horizontal speed (wallbug at bridge at q3dm6 - not pro-q3dm6), others allow accumulating falling Z velocity as well as gaining horizontal speed (sjt2, q3dm9 ellipse window at mh, etc).
Correct me if I'm wrong.
dqopb

Postby <hk> » May 8th, '14, 12:18 pm

Without checking the code I presume the think17 bug is caused by repelling the player back and forth between two walls. The player is not really stuck in the wall just so close the rounding errors bounce him around.
This is a wild guess.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Le another black niger » May 8th, '14, 2:07 pm

It doesnt seem to be true, since xy coords arent changing.
And how the explanation fits case of axial wall+non axial one?
I'd rather call rebouncing the trick on dfwc03-1.
Player actually gets bounced there and back there.

As for think17 trick, i see it like non axial wall + something, blocking your movement, that allows having some black magic with non axial wall offset zone.
Le another black niger

Postby Le another black niger » May 9th, '14, 7:24 am

After thinking a bit i'v got more reliable version: its a work of 3 velocities: two, extruding you from walls offset zones and one player's one.
Normally offset code keeps you away from sticking, but in this case simultaneous work of two walls produces interesting result of equation.

I'd like to know what are actual conditions of getting that bug, since atm it's just try and trial search for me.
As it works with pretty few conditions, i suppose, that you have to come to be exactly on the border between offset zone and actual wall.

As for dfwc03-1 thing, the most interesting question is why the heck you gain height there :think:
Le another black niger

Postby ihavebadsound » Jul 11th, '16, 3:11 pm

What's that thing you do when you are in cpm and are using plasma
ihavebadsound

PreviousNext