Board index DeFRaG How to DeFRaG

How defrag tricks work

Users helping users.

Re: How defrag tricks work

Postby TittenIgnition » Jul 12th, '16, 12:31 am

ihavebadsound wrote:What's that thing you do when you are in cpm and are using plasma

Gazboost or ground boost, it should be somewhere in this thread. Basically, create a small amount of knockback and the ground will turn to slick for ~100ms.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby RetroHelix » Jul 27th, '16, 6:26 pm

ihavebadsound wrote:What's that thing you do when you are in cpm and are using plasma

It's called 'shooting with the plasmagun'. :D

Gazboost maybe?
RetroHelix

Postby hugman » Nov 14th, '19, 6:39 pm

Something I thought of now that confuses me, you can skim walls vertically, even ceilings (see here for example), but you can also do double jumps by jumping into the ceiling, being pushed down and jumping again before the double jump timer expires. What I'm wondering is, why don't you float in the air for a bit when doing such a ceiling jump?
hugman

Postby hero tac (haxyie) » Apr 10th, '20, 2:09 pm

:mrgreen:
hero tac (haxyie)

Postby -O-Zeppelin » Dec 30th, '20, 9:38 am

hugman wrote:Something I thought of now that confuses me, you can skim walls vertically, even ceilings (see here for example), but you can also do double jumps by jumping into the ceiling, being pushed down and jumping again before the double jump timer expires. What I'm wondering is, why don't you float in the air for a bit when doing such a ceiling jump?

My understanding of it: A skim only happens when the player-hitbox clip fails to snap to a surface. If you jump into a ceiling, you either snap to it, resetting your +z velocity (which enables the double-jump), or you skim past it, meaning your original jump continues to maximum height.
-O-Zeppelin

Previous