Board index DeFRaG Mapping

screenshots

Maps and the process of creating them

Re: screenshots

Postby <)Ghost(> » Mar 1st, '11, 7:53 am

for those that were wondering what that status of my map was, its coming along faster than i thought it would, plays a lot better than it did b4. heres a few teaser shots...

map is half done.
<)Ghost(>

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Mar 1st, '11, 10:24 am

Looks really nice, if it has a good flow it could be a killer.
MidiMightyMoe

Postby TittenIgnition » Mar 2nd, '11, 9:35 am

MidiMightyMoe wrote:Looks really nice, if it has a good flow it could be a killer.

its kind of weird. the platform/sidewalk/thingies are too high above the normal ground, so you cant jump up to them. which is a pain in the ass, since theres water on the normal ground that slows you down...

he prolly did a lot to it since i last played it though :D
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby <)Ghost(> » Mar 2nd, '11, 11:01 pm

thats because ur not supposed to be in the water. u start on the higher platform for a reason.

edit: small little area i made today..

theres nothing to see on the back side, because u cant enter this area, so theres no need for any extra brushes, its just caulk.
<)Ghost(>

Postby <)Ghost(> » Mar 10th, '11, 2:38 am

just a teaser, not nearly completed.

<)Ghost(>

Postby [DF]Mr.10k » Mar 13th, '11, 11:55 am

nice!
[DF]Mr.10k

Postby DF///Kov3nant » Mar 14th, '11, 3:29 pm

wow you guys have some real talent. I know radiant 1.4 like the back of my hand but i lack any type of creativity. for my next map though, my wife is designing it and i'm just building it. gonna be killer.

and yotoon, that map of yours looks great. reminds me of the jail mp level in hl2.
DF///Kov3nant

Postby <)Ghost(> » Mar 15th, '11, 7:44 pm

thanks, but its nothing special, I'm no real mapper just something i do when I'm bored. especially now since my internet is out. you don't need to be creative to make a nice detailed map, just take something you see in your everday life throw it into q3 and add a shitload of details or think of a theme (like my last map which was sewers) and find some images off of Google for a bit of inspiration.
<)Ghost(>

Postby DF///Kov3nant » Mar 17th, '11, 8:46 am

There's actually an office building near me that looks freakin wicked inside. It used to be a hotel built in 1927. I been thinkin about recreating it. And also one of the tube stations in london is just amazing. Forget the name of it. I was only in that particupar station twice.
My wife drew out the designs for my next map. Gonna start on it tomorrow. It's gonna be somewhat similar to the smithsonian dinosaur and space travel exhibits :) screenies to come once i have enough to take some

And i played the sewer map. Looked great. Flow was good too. And i loved the water drop sound sample lol.
DF///Kov3nant

Postby <)Ghost(> » Mar 24th, '11, 12:01 am

<)Ghost(>

PreviousNext