Board index DeFRaG Mapping

new idea for single player protection

Maps and the process of creating them

new idea for single player protection

Postby sL1k » Mar 6th, '15, 10:29 am

Hi guys. I'm currently at work and quite bored. Just had an interesting idea how to make it possible to prevent other players enter a map for single player when it's already occupied.

Making a spawn room where player spawns into a trigger_hurt with wait -1 and damage 124 so player starts with 1 health basically. Placing a pg_shooter direct in front of player spawn. This will be triggered when someone is playing inside the main level. Also place button with speed -1 on floor after few units behind shooter. This one linked with a target_position into the main map. There where main level begins a misc_teleporte_destination. And finally a huge triggerfield filling the hole main level which will trigger the pg_shooter.

What you guys think about this idea?
sL1k

Re: new idea for single player protection

Postby -av1spa- » Mar 6th, '15, 2:07 pm

:clap:
sounds doable and nice to me!
pwn3d
-av1spa-

Postby sL1k » Mar 6th, '15, 3:17 pm

inder wrote::clap:
sounds doable and nice to me!

will test tomorrow. today on friends birthday.
first used same method as on firetemple but the big door filling the whole map causes various Troubles on map like some items not spawning, not working Portals and mirrors and glitched water.

just also had idea of a lavapool flooding spawnroom, probably even more safe.
sL1k

Postby springy » Mar 6th, '15, 3:35 pm

Nice thought. But there's another way that I think is a bit more simple:)
have the start location be in a small starting room outside the main part of the map. There is a shoot button in the starting room, which when shot, teleports the player into the map. Covering the entire map, is a trigger which holds down the button. What I mean by "holds down", is that the trigger's wait is less than the button's wait. So for example if the button has wait of 1 (and a fast movement speed), and the trigger has a wait of .5, then as long as the player is touching the trigger, the button will keep getting triggered before it has a chance to pop back out. Only when the player in the map dies, will the button finally be available for another player to shoot. Av-vf uses this trick
springy

Postby sL1k » Mar 6th, '15, 5:02 pm

springy wrote:Nice thought. But there's another way that I think is a bit more simple:)
have the start location be in a small starting room outside the main part of the map. There is a shoot button in the starting room, which when shot, teleports the player into the map. Covering the entire map, is a trigger which holds down the button. What I mean by "holds down", is that the trigger's wait is less than the button's wait. So for example if the button has wait of 1 (and a fast movement speed), and the trigger has a wait of .5, then as long as the player is touching the trigger, the button will keep getting triggered before it has a chance to pop back out. Only when the player in the map dies, will the button finally be available for another player to shoot. Av-vf uses this trick

cool, tnx! this one also sounds great. just not sure what happens on lags.

also could flood spawn room with Lava which keeps as Long as triggered maybe
sL1k