Board index DeFRaG Mapping

Retrieving datas ingame

Maps and the process of creating them

Retrieving datas ingame

Postby mu-cki » Oct 25th, '13, 4:46 pm

If was asking myself, if it is possible to get live-datas from the database and implent them into a map...

for example a 'map-scoreboard' which shows the current 3 ranks in the top (also physic depending). Or also to get informations from the db generally.

I guess there is no way, isnt it?

If not, i will add this to the wishlist. :mrgreen:
mu-cki
mu-cki

Re: Retrieving datas ingame

Postby Newbrict » Oct 25th, '13, 7:52 pm

I know it's definitely possible, but I don't know if it's possible with the current q3/df

you could write a patch
;)
Newbrict

Postby mu-cki » Nov 2nd, '13, 4:27 pm

mhh
mu-cki
mu-cki

Postby <hk> » Nov 2nd, '13, 7:13 pm

Mucki wrote:If was asking myself, if it is possible to get live-datas from the database and implent them into a map

So you want to display some ranking information within the map itself? Like a board pinned to a wall?

That... is extremely hard. To do this the mapper has to depine a spot for the scoreboard to appear. And defrag has to get the data from the server trough infostrings or servercommands.
Then defrag has to draw a texture over that spot manually. Iirc there is a "draw custom polygon"-syscall that can be textured.

I guess it's possible but it would require unprecedented cooperation beween defrag developers, mappers and those who run the database(us).

Not worth the effort.
Not very likely to happen.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Newbrict » Nov 2nd, '13, 8:00 pm

<hk> wrote:
Mucki wrote:If was asking myself, if it is possible to get live-datas from the database and implent them into a map

Not worth the effort.
Not very likely to happen.

I would work on this if other people are too, I don't see why it's not worth the effort.
Newbrict