Board index DeFRaG Mapping

Q3A Electronics

Maps and the process of creating them

Q3A Electronics

Postby Phoenix » Sep 26th, '12, 7:12 pm

Hey so I've got a mapping itch again and I want to try something relatively simple in terms of the map construction but I want it to involve some advanced scripting through q3a electronics... I know Skore had an old pdf manual on the subject but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone have a copy or can link me? Or just know anything about the subject in general.
Phoenix

Re: Q3A Electronics

Postby |PsY|Shio » Sep 26th, '12, 8:19 pm

I still have the pdf + example maps, but some of these techniques are kinda outdated.
for instance he used 5-10 plasma shots to block one door, u can do that nowadays with a func_timer(random 0).

http://www.simonoc.com/pages/articles/puzzlelogic1.htm
http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/83639784/file.html <-- (sk0re)

or just ask me, morbus , oranje, run... they also know about electron triggering.
|PsY|Shio

Postby Phoenix » Sep 26th, '12, 9:26 pm

I'll look into it thanks Shio :)

You've always been very helpful to me but I hate bothering you with stuff that I'm not sure will get finished or not... that's why I'm making this map extremely simple. Hopefully I can finish it successfully and get inspired to finish some of my older stuff. I'm just so busy lately doing video editing (I do VFX) for my company that I have a hard time doing this stuff as well but I still love doing it when I find time.

I just want to have multiple doors and have 1 of them (selected randomly) open at a set interval of time. There will be 8 doors total and I want it to operate kind of like this:

Door # opens at 45 sec, stays open 15 sec
Door # opens at 1:45, stays open til 2:00
Door # opens at 2:45, stays open until 3:00...

And so on.

# is a random number to select one of the doors between 1-8.
Phoenix

Postby |PsY|Shio » Sep 26th, '12, 10:18 pm

Alright not sure if this is what u want.
I used wait "3" for demonstration purpose.
If u want 15 just change the delays(both) and door waits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
|PsY|Shio

Postby Phoenix » Sep 27th, '12, 6:55 am

I think that should do the trick :D. Somehow I have this weird deja vu, like I asked you made that for me in the past. I feel like I've seen this before haha. Either way it will hopefully get used this time. I'm pretty busy at the moment but I think if I pace myself I can have something cool put together in a month.

P.S.

You should be my dfwc partner. I'll be the dead-weight pulling you down :lol:
Phoenix