Board index DeFRaG Mapping

Map compatibility to other games

Maps and the process of creating them

Map compatibility to other games

Postby AL!EN » Mar 29th, '11, 10:37 pm

<hk> wrote:Could you break compatibility with warsow? :twisted:
Like arranging entities in a way that our start timer becomes their kill trigger.
I guess I have my evil day, today. :twisted:

Yeeeeessssssssssssss 8-) :lol: :twisted: Bad day it is good day :lol:

rlx|mini wrote:wouldnt be a problem for warsow to fix that with angelscript ;)

:( :( :( :( :( :(

moved here from another topic
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Re: New entities

Postby <)Ghost(> » Mar 30th, '11, 12:04 am

damn warsow players they practically asked me to fix my last map so they can play it properly... i told them to go fuck themselves.

<)Ghost(>

Postby rlx|mini » Mar 30th, '11, 12:09 pm

<)Ghost(> wrote:damn warsow players they practically asked me to fix my last map so they can play it properly... i told them to go fuck themselves.

u live in a small world, dont understand the hate :D . would be proud if more games would play my maps and love it..and even other games do it like nex and et but thats offtopic :)

i love the func_train thingy looks impressive :shock: cant wait to make a map out of it

rlx|mini

Postby amt-morbus » Mar 30th, '11, 1:18 pm

<)Ghost(> wrote:damn warsow players they practically asked me to fix my last map so they can play it properly... i told them to go fuck themselves.

...or defraggers playin counter-strike maps....

amt-morbus

Postby AL!EN » Mar 30th, '11, 1:20 pm

rlx|mini wrote:

u live in a small world, dont understand the hate :D . would be proud if more games would play my maps and love it..and even other games do it like nex and et but thats offtopic :)

Let me show you some diffrient point of view:

Some time ago Chriz "ninemil" Pollard, creator of cpmctf2 map det email from id Software about "we want you map in Quake LIVE and we will pay you for it !!" And guess what happen ? He told them that playing his map using vql physic is shame and it destroy all map beauty. And he will not allow them to destroy his work. They can have cpmctf only when QL have cpm physic inside. Id Software answer him that "we might do something" but he personally think that it will be "crappy, destroyed and rip-off version of cpm physic" so he don't even count of that to happen.

I can kiss his foot for that - this is what different better people from all of the rest :clap:

And since playing defrag maps in w$w is also some kind of abomination (although is fun) due to change 75% of df maps into strafe maps, i perfectly understand that someone don't care about "you map is unplayable in <insertheresomerandomgame>, please fix it !"

amt-morbus wrote:...or defraggers playin counter-strike maps....

Take C-S map into defrag and it will be another universe 8-)

"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Re: Map compatibility to other games

Postby rlx|mini » Mar 30th, '11, 2:04 pm

i understand both points. its the authors decission if he wanna fix a map for other games. but hating a game just because it plays the map, or force it working only in df is kinda overreacted.
games are not comparable all have they pros and cons. and some warsow maps can be fun in defrag too. like mine wsrc map for example :)
rlx|mini

Postby <hk> » Mar 30th, '11, 2:10 pm

I said this in the first place, due to a player telling me that he finished the map(pgultimate) easily in warsow.

I have no problem with them playing our maps but them coming on our servers and telling me how warsow is better.

That of course is not a sufficient reason to justify an intentional break of compatibility. Things should stay as they are right now.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby <)Ghost(> » Mar 30th, '11, 3:12 pm

its not that i hate the game, well i never played it so i can't really judge it, but its the fact that i make maps for defrag, I'm happy that other people from other mods or games play my maps but don't ask me to change something for another game when it was only meant for something else. maps are made as-is, so take it or leave it.

hope that makes any sense :D
<)Ghost(>

Postby TittenIgnition » Mar 30th, '11, 4:17 pm

eS-AL|EN wrote:Let me show you some diffrient point of view:

Some time ago Chriz "ninemil" Pollard, creator of cpmctf2 map det email from id Software about "we want you map in Quake LIVE and we will pay you for it !!" And guess what happen ? He told them that playing his map using vql physic is shame and it destroy all map beauty. And he will not allow them to destroy his work. They can have cpmctf only when QL have cpm physic inside. Id Software answer him that "we might do something" but he personally think that it will be "crappy, destroyed and rip-off version of cpm physic" so he don't even count of that to happen.

sounds like my kind of guy; i said the exact same thing XD
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby DF///Kov3nant » Apr 7th, '11, 4:05 pm

runs in wsw is for nubs. i played it once, and everything is so freakin easy. defrag is more about skill, patience, and dedication.

as for quake live. i absolutely love the game. but i was so pissed when i payed for my premium membership only to find out that almost ALL the paid maps are old ra3 and cpma maps. that pissed me off. and CA in quake live is fun as hell, but it really needs cpma physics. CA just isn't the same without it.
DF///Kov3nant