Board index DeFRaG Mapping

Shooter_Rocket doesn't shoot in the exact same spot?

Maps and the process of creating them

Shooter_Rocket doesn't shoot in the exact same spot?

Postby CerebralBeagle » Jun 19th, '20, 10:56 pm

Hi all,

Very long time since I've posted here :) I actually forgot my password to my old account and couldn't recover so I made a new account. I was never a forum all-star so many won't know me but I used to go by Phoenix55 here on the forums and Phoenix / PhoenixFilms in Quake3 / QuakeLive.

I'm getting back into Defrag after a long break from Quake and wanted to try out a simple concept map using shooter_rocket but noticed in my initial tests that despite having a target_position connected the rockets fired by the shooter don't actually hit that spot precisely but are hitting somewhere "in the ballpark" of it. The "random" key on the shooter should be 0 by default but I also tried explicitly setting it to 0 also to turn off any randomness but it still seems to have slight randomness to it. Not only do the rockets not hit where aimed but each time the shooter fires they will hit a different spot. This is the bigger concern for me as I'm trying something that requires precision.

Is there any solution to this? I also tried moving the target_position further away by pushing it through the floor to see if that would make it any more accurate but no luck there either.

I'm on GtkRadiant 1.6.6 if that matters (used to map with 1.4 and 1.5 - never expected to see an updated version!). Thanks!
CerebralBeagle

Re: Shooter_Rocket doesn't shoot in the exact same spot?

Postby springy » Jun 20th, '20, 1:18 am

Random: 0 should work... but doesn't. A bug, I guess.

Try:
Random: 0.000001
springy

Re: Shooter_Rocket doesn't shoot in the exact same spot?

Postby CerebralBeagle » Jun 20th, '20, 5:41 am

Thanks that did the trick! It seems when it is set 0 (default or explicitly) it bugs out and uses a value somewhere roughly between 0.5 and 1 degrees. Setting to 0.000001 works and they now hit the targeted spot correctly each time.

Now to get back to it :)
CerebralBeagle