Board index DeFRaG Mapping

New entities

Maps and the process of creating them

Re: New entities

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 16th, '12, 9:48 am

A small update: I managed to access my PC files. I decided to backup and reset my OS and buy a new HDD. Backuping is done now (took nearly a whole day). Today I'll buy the HDD and hopefully in the evening my PC will be ready for coding. :)

I'll start getting into the code once again the next days and maybe could implement some fixes this week. I have to take a closer look at the code first and will then estimate the schedule for the future defrag development and for possible releases. So stay tuned.
BeRsErKeR

Postby TittenIgnition » Apr 16th, '12, 10:18 am

:) <3
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby oranje » Apr 16th, '12, 12:38 pm

:dance:
oranje

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 17th, '12, 6:59 pm

I have good and bad news.

Good news: My development environment is ready to code.

Bad news: The hdd crash seem to have deleted several source files. Unfortunately some very important files like for movers, combat/weapon code and so on.

I have to check if I have backups somewhere and what versions I also have of the code (e.g. which version is checked in at cgg's repository). This may take a day.

Furthermore I'm on vacation from friday to sunday. So coding will start next week. Hopefully the source is not gone. I'll keep you up to date.

Important: Not everything is lost. In the worst case the most recent changes (I guess small fixes and target_speed stuff) is lost. But I'll check that the next day(s).
BeRsErKeR

Postby TittenIgnition » Apr 17th, '12, 7:11 pm

I want to test! D:
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby AL!EN » Apr 17th, '12, 9:43 pm

You can always create private GIT repository at BitBucker.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 18th, '12, 7:11 pm

Found a backup of the defrag code on another hdd. Looks like it is the most recent version but I have to take a closer look on that. Linux is also ready to operate. Last bins are installing at this moment. The time of coding has come. Next week I'll start after my vacation. Tomorrow I have to celebrate my birthday and friday starts a trip to berlin. But then I promise it will go on. ;)

@alien: Thanks for the suggestion. Will do that for sure. ;)
BeRsErKeR

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 24th, '12, 4:36 pm

Planned to start coding today but wanted to synchronize my code with cgg's repository to be up-to-date. Unfortunately I can't find my login so I contacted cgg via mail. I also asked him about a release in the near future and told him about my plan to release only fewer features but therefore release them sooner.

I have to wait for an answer. Our bugzilla seems to be down too so I hope he is still alive. The mailing list of the developers is dead since months.

It's time to shake things up! :)
BeRsErKeR

Postby AL!EN » Apr 24th, '12, 5:10 pm

I'm really exited about this 8-)

EDIT: If Defrag will go Open Source someday, there is only one good place for code/project: GitHub !

Today, an open source project using anything else that Git and GitHub is a nonsense. With great collaboration features, pull request it's take an any os project into the overdrive.

If any of you don't know what is Git/DVCS and think that "SVN is just fine" please watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8 or see this page: http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/

The only disadvantage is lack of private repo (that is why i suggest Bitbucket.org for private repo) but it's a great tool and great hosting.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 24th, '12, 6:41 pm

I got a bitbucket repo a few days ago and work with git since a few years if I work on multi-developer-projects. But for now the main defrag repo remains svn as cgg owns it.
BeRsErKeR

PreviousNext