Board index DeFRaG Mapping

New entities

Maps and the process of creating them

Re: New entities

Postby AL!EN » Apr 24th, '12, 9:46 pm

Ofc, but if it will be an OS project then make transition from svn to Git is one click operation. And there is a chance for some centralized Defrag Wiki also 8-)
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby Le another black niger » Apr 25th, '12, 5:02 pm

good news :)

bug report: holdable teleport wont be picked up in any mode, just disappears
also: that target_store-restore thing is like 90 percent completed old feature request about savestate command - extended savepos
Le another black niger

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 25th, '12, 7:11 pm

I'll wait a few days for an answer from cgg. The site is down and there is no reaction or mail-progress at all so I guess there is a chance that we could develop defrag on our own. If this is true it's maybe a good choice to form a team of motivated people of the defrag community. Programmers, testers and all kind of helping hands that could push the project. But as I said I'll give cgg the chance to react on my emails.

I'll try to compile a working defrag 1.92 VM now and will find my way through the code once again.
BeRsErKeR

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 25th, '12, 7:27 pm

I have an idea that would help me a lot. I need some mappers that may assist me with testing several features (basically entities and their behavior/options). Shio and Morbus did a lot of testing for me in the past and I'm very thankful for that. I guess I can count on them this time too. But maybe 1-2 others can join because I have a new strategy of testing.

The strategy is having 1 mapper for a specific area of entities / features.

When I implement entities or options for them or even when I fix bugs I need test cases (basically maps with those entities). Test cases could also be some actions inside the console or something like that. But the most important help for me are people you build small test maps and maybe test features and give me feedback.

To do so those people need at least the recent defrag.def (which I can upload). And for testing entities on their own they also need the recent defrag VM release. Because I don't want to have hundreds of unstable/unreleased versions circulating through the community I thought about a small tester-team of 3-5 people. You can call it beta-tester. ;)

Those people should at least have icq or something similar and of course knowledge of radiant and time/motivation to help. ;) I would say Shio and Morbus are set for this job. ;) But maybe there are some other guys that are interested.
BeRsErKeR

Postby oranje » Apr 25th, '12, 8:16 pm

I volunteer myself! :oops:
oranje

Postby TittenIgnition » Apr 25th, '12, 8:19 pm

oransje wrote:I volunteer myself! :oops:

+1
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby Le another black niger » Apr 26th, '12, 9:34 am

sounds like new entities story :roll:
tell me i'm wrong, and its full prediction, fps/exe independent physics story too
Le another black niger

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 26th, '12, 3:55 pm

Melanous wrote:sounds like new entities story :roll:
tell me i'm wrong, and its full prediction, fps/exe independent physics story too

Maps are not only neccessary to test entities but also for performance tests, bugfix tests and tests of other features. Defrag updates will not only contain new entites or stuff for mappers but for now the most open things that need testing are map-related things (primarily entities). This has the highest priority at the moment to finish the first defrag release.
BeRsErKeR

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 26th, '12, 9:22 pm

Have a look at my twitter account for news about development. ;)

https://twitter.com/DF_BeRsErKeR
BeRsErKeR

Postby BeRsErKeR » Apr 26th, '12, 11:18 pm

Done a lot today. A big thanks goes to shio. We're processing our todo/bug-list successfully. One bug after another is fixed and we are on a good way to the release. Will take a few days or weeks but we will make it. ;)
BeRsErKeR

PreviousNext