Board index DeFRaG Mapping

Grenades ... a shader and a bug.

Maps and the process of creating them

Grenades ... a shader and a bug.

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Apr 5th, '10, 11:25 pm

Hello,

In my last map (http://q3a.ath.cx/?mapdetails=FRcup20) I wanted to make a shader that would clip grenade (and/or rockets) but not the player, but it seems that if the player is not clipped, nothing is. I fixed it in another way, but still, is it possible to make such a shader ? In my map this would be the blue force field wich should block grenades, so that people have to shoot it in the window.

The second thing is that sometimes, the grenade does not explode when hitting the button if you are firing with the plasma as well, even if the trigger is instant. Is it possible that the plasma triggers the button at the same frame or just one frame before the grenade hits it and the button remains inactive for that frame or something like that ? I saw map using buttons for double grenade jump, did they get the same kind of bug ? Someone knows a way to fix it ?

Thanks for your help !
MidiMightyMoe

Re: Grenades ... a shader and a bug.

Postby <)Ghost(> » Apr 6th, '10, 11:22 pm

use missileclip shader. im not sure if it applies to grenades as well, i never had to use it

not quite sure on the second one, thats probably something ud have to mess around with on your own.
<)Ghost(>