Board index mDd Board Rule finding board

TR! and u opinion about this.

This stays here as long as it takes to work out the new server rules

Re: TR! and u opinion about this.

Postby ZyaX » Feb 9th, '10, 1:09 am

That there even exists a term for this action is sad. It's the same as saying black person when they have dark skin. It came from prejudice people long time ago and still lives today.

This isn't something bad to do. Mappers, admit defeat and learn from your mistakes next time. This is purely a mapper responsibility. Players aren't doing anything wrong. Maybe one guy did a really good time once and was so happy and bragging about it. Then another guy beats his time with 4 seconds using TR and then he starts to blame TR instead of learning from the other guy who thought one step further.

Too often civilizations condemn and destroy that of others. This way it can't evolve. The Romans had figured this out somewhat. They actually took what they liked most from other major civilizations of that time, like the Greek.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby $$-albion » Feb 9th, '10, 1:03 pm

ZyaX wrote:That there even exists a term for this action is sad. It's the same as saying black person when they have dark skin. It came from prejudice people long time ago and still lives today.

This isn't something bad to do. Mappers, admit defeat and learn from your mistakes next time. This is purely a mapper responsibility. Players aren't doing anything wrong. Maybe one guy did a really good time once and was so happy and bragging about it. Then another guy beats his time with 4 seconds using TR and then he starts to blame TR instead of learning from the other guy who thought one step further.

Too often civilizations condemn and destroy that of others. This way it can't evolve. The Romans had figured this out somewhat. They actually took what they liked most from other major civilizations of that time, like the Greek.

Serious Zyax is serious
$$-albion

Postby <hk> » Feb 9th, '10, 3:57 pm

Getting that circle right to have maximum speed when resetting the start timer is not easy especially on pad maps. It's part of the "defrag way".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby aadad » Feb 10th, '10, 3:28 am

TR and prejumps have been there since ever and are a part of the game.
Trying to enforce a rule against it to justify a reset of the DB which I assume some people are after is amusing.

PS:
@hk: +1 for the image 8-)
aadad
accusing and complaining

Postby $$-albion » Feb 10th, '10, 12:22 pm

[2337]w wrote:TR and prejumps have been there since ever and are a part of the game.
Trying to enforce a rule against it to justify a reset of the DB which I assume some people are after is amusing.

PS:
@hk: +1 for the image 8-)

w3sp strikes again!
$$-albion

Postby Phoenix » May 5th, '10, 10:45 pm

I agree with Zyax. Preventing TR's is completely possible on the mapper's end and is their responsibility. Failure to do so is open season for TR exploits. And I say this being a mapper myself.

On the other hand I do think that it's worth noting times done with and without TRs. I still believe a nonTR record deserves a legitimate place in the record books even if a TR time beats it. So there should be 2 entries for TR maps. How to actually implement this into the system ... I don't know ... but it would interesting to see.
Phoenix

Postby 1000archangels » Aug 5th, '11, 12:53 am

since last post has a may timestamp on it, I assume the debate is still open.
nice pic hk, I can add my 2c to that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syF_Wp_-GKs
c'mon, would you really ban this kind of stuff??

WOULD YOU?
1000archangels

Postby <)Ghost(> » Aug 5th, '11, 9:20 am

1000archangels wrote:since last post has a may timestamp on it, I assume the debate is still open.

May 05, 2010

read more carefully next time.
<)Ghost(>

Postby <hk> » Aug 5th, '11, 1:03 pm

There even was an april fools day joke about timer resets where I reassured that they are not to be banned in any way.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Previous