just wana know yours opinion

This stays here as long as it takes to work out the new server rules

Re: just wana know yours opinion

Postby -DeX- » Jan 23rd, '10, 5:14 am

but thats not real life man :\
-DeX-

Postby like@boss » Jan 23rd, '10, 5:24 am

Well, Dex is a veteran player and the rule finding board was just recently created to finally reach a consensus about what we feel is fair. This raises the issue of retroactive punishment. Two questions that I have are...

1. Is it reasonable to believe that at the time he used the RJ script, he should of known that it was illegal? Where were the old rules posted about this kind of thing?

2. When did he actually use the script?

If he has been playing recently without the RJ bind then I would take that as a token of good faith compliance with the "new rules" and would spend a little extra effort to leave his strafe recs in tact, but delete weap runs.

edit: does anyone else see the irony of this post in conjunction with my avatar? :lol:
like@boss

Postby aadad » Jan 23rd, '10, 5:00 pm

ahaha dex bannd fo rj bind? me lal hard but wut bout bentz in diz part caiz? he uzd rj bind zinze eva n u no diz fo zho cuz u speccd him nonztop.

ps: flk: no demo no proof.
aadad
accusing and complaining

Postby uN*DeaD|kale » Jan 23rd, '10, 9:48 pm

o/,

I think it would be fair to maybe delete the december 2009 times from dex and then thats ok
uN*DeaD|kale

Postby AL!EN » Jan 23rd, '10, 10:23 pm

I'm sorry that you lost you records Dex (this time isn't be typical AL|EN's mad-hate), but Rody also lost his times. And he play again now. It can happen to anyone. Pls don't ask admin for giving a gateway for others to come here and say "I broke rules only once as Dex, I want my records back".

Separating times for strafe and weapons, in terms of rule broke = nonsense.

I think that is better to leave whole system untouched: broke rules = account deletion.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby $$-albion » Jan 24th, '10, 9:58 am

eS-AL|EN wrote:I'm sorry that you lost you records Dex (this time isn't be typical AL|EN's mad-hate), but Rody also lost his times. And he play again now. It can happen to anyone. Pls don't ask admin for giving a gateway for others to come here and say "I broke rules only once as Dex, I want my records back".

Separating times for strafe and weapons, in terms of rule broke = nonsense.

I think that is better to leave whole system untouched: broke rules = account deletion.

Oh wow I actually agree with you once :p

btw wesp, benz's account has been deleted also :p and may we expect you on dfwc2k10? :O
$$-albion

Postby aadad » Jan 24th, '10, 4:56 pm

eL-albion wrote:btw wesp, benz's account has been deleted also :p
u iz ryt! havnt zeen diz yet..happend zlytly befo ma pozt.

eL-albion wrote:and may we expect you on dfwc2k10? :O
no.
aadad
accusing and complaining

Postby [gt]neiT. » Jan 24th, '10, 8:48 pm

DeX.ks.ua wrote:just wana know yours opinion

I remember when kiddy got deleted acc for rj script... and he get acc back... cause it was only few times he used it.

i dont think this is right move HK..
[gt]neiT.

Postby <hk> » Jan 24th, '10, 9:00 pm

I restored kiddy's times because he was the first one that got hit by the new rule set. So removed his cheated times only. It was supposed to be the last warning to everyone out there. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying this was a different situation back there. It was the very same thing. If someone comes back from the dead after such a long time he must assume things have changed. This is not a personal vendetta or something. I can't keep on deleting just the cheated times. I have to draw a line.

By the way, did you notice bEnz got the same punishment? He isn't complaining at all. He had also some very good strafe records, though.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby ZyaX » Jan 24th, '10, 11:16 pm

Everything I thought about after reading the first post has already been said now.

No Dex, you are right. Quake 3 isn't real life. But it doesn't mean that it is an alternate reality either. And since the community is made up by humans that you find in real life it means that the structure of it will have strong influences of real life as well.

If you really cared about your records, which I am sure that you understand would be threatened by deletion if you broke any rules, you would have reviewed the rules at least once recently. Or just visit the site once in a while to check up on what the community is saying.

About the pardon of kiddy. It sounds logical to make that decision since it was the first occurrence, and it would affect a very active and ambitious player, like with you now Dex. But in his case it was the first practice of the new rule, and hence and exception was made. Which by the way, did not contradict itself. It would seem to me that this would have sent a clear enough message to the rest of the players. And that more first-time exceptions would be out of the question.
Can you imagine if everyone got 1 free time of breaking the rules? ;)
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

PreviousNext