Board index mDd Board Rule finding board

simple questions

This stays here as long as it takes to work out the new server rules

simple questions

Postby khtti » Oct 31st, '09, 12:43 am

Hi,
I have asked a few questions in this forum, but the structure of the threads and the quality of content therein prevented them being answered to my satisfaction.

In the interest of reaching clear conclusions I propose a few rules for this thread:
- Keep out if your post adds no content
- Keep out if you aren't familiar with logic
- Keep out if you cannot stay on topic

First questions:
Code: Select all
+ What is a cheat?
  - What is the simplest complete definition of that term?

or
Code: Select all
+ What is an unfair advantage?
  - What is the simplest complete definition of that term?

Not looking for inane analogies, but if you must, please keep them accurate.
By the way, your box of parts is the same as everyone elses, is it cheating when the bicycle you built gets wasted by the jet built by your neighbor? :lol:
khtti

Re: simple questions

Postby $$-albion » Oct 31st, '09, 7:30 pm

khtti wrote:..., is it cheating when the bicycle you built gets wasted by the jet built by your neighbor? :lol:

Yes, it is. I mean, why build a jet when you can make a tank, where's the logic in that!? :shock:
$$-albion

Postby Arcaon » Oct 31st, '09, 11:00 pm

+ What is a cheat?

cheat: A computer application, password, or disallowed technique used to advance to a higher skill level in a computer video game.

+ What is an unfair advantage?

unfair: Not fair; not conforming to approved standards, as of justice, honesty, or ethics: an unfair law; an unfair wage policy.

Don't feel like coming up with own, simpler definitions at the moment.

By the way, your box of parts is the same as everyone elses, is it cheating when the bicycle you built gets wasted by the jet built by your neighbor? :lol:

Erm... speaking of inane analogies... :lol:
I'm pretty sure a jet wouldn't be allowed if it was a competition for bicycles.
Arcaon

Postby like@boss » Nov 1st, '09, 3:35 am

heres the definition practiced by most of the community:

cheating: not doing it the same way as me
like@boss

Postby ZyaX » Nov 1st, '09, 1:59 pm

Starting your own thread eh. Experimenting with more ways to get this "logic" of yours to reach more ears? I will never understand why you want the whole community to accept what you want even when the clear majority doesn't, the same way I will never really understand online cheaters in general.

From what I've seen you're a whiny little asshole all the time. Why do you even want to be a part of this community when you are going against it and its members in an insulting manner(the way you try to make unfair advantages accepted on the servers). You're not making any friends in this community, so why do you want to play online with other people?

Go play offline, no one will tell you, or at least care what methods you use then.

P.S. It is awesome how you try to advocate dictatorship on election day! :D
ZyaX
Voice of Reason