Board index mDd Board Rule finding board

--> Lagging

This stays here as long as it takes to work out the new server rules

--> Lagging

Postby <hk> » Oct 13th, '09, 2:38 am

Since, not everyone seems to be pleased with the current server rules i suggest we develop new rules for the server here in this thread. Please try to find rules that have as least exceptions as possible. I want this to be constructive, so please make short posts which concentrate on essential things. Stay on Topic and do not spam.

:arrow: This thread is dedicated to actions that corrupt the natural packet flow to the sever only.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Lagging

Postby <hk> » Oct 13th, '09, 2:44 am

I am not too happy about Lagging. Even though it's not poss any more to lag triggers this rule is still reasonable. From time to time a new way of lagging other map objects than triggers is discovered. This rule would still ban such actions.
This covers the corrupted view of the run by spectators. Spectating is there for a reason and should therefore have the best possible spectating experience.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby ZyaX » Oct 13th, '09, 11:59 am

I agree. Since this rule doesn't really enforce much at the moment. It should still be there the day that some sort of new "laghaxx" is discovered.

When it comes to spectating, this really shouldn't be in the rules that you should try to get a lagfree spec for others to enjoy speccing you. This is in my opinion up to the manners of the person playing.

But as I already read somewhere else, that every player should use the values of the net commands to get as low ping as possible. This rule is in place to prevent laghaxx and it should be in that section still. Because some players simply can't make their spec lagfree(south americans for instance), not matter what commands they set.
And I agree with that every player should make their connection to the server as stable as possible. And there should be guidelines for people who don't know which commands it is and what values they should set.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby AL!EN » Oct 13th, '09, 2:12 pm

No lagging in any way. Everything that player finds (like fastcaps cheat found over a year ago) is not allowed.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby <hk> » Oct 23rd, '09, 7:45 pm

This is a tricky rule. How do you ban lagging? Please help me with the text for this rule.

"It's not allowed to drop or delay packets on purpose. Every player has to adjust the network settings to have the least possible packet loss and ping."
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Arcaon » Oct 23rd, '09, 10:15 pm

<hk> wrote:"It's not allowed to drop or delay packets on purpose. Every player has to adjust the network settings to have the least possible packet loss and ping."

I thought trigger lagging was impossible nowadays. I know you're talking about possible exploits, but I'm sure no one can lag through triggers just by not having the network settings adjusted anymore.
Arcaon

Re: --> Lagging

Postby <hk> » Oct 24th, '09, 2:45 am

I am also talking about making serverdemos useless. Due to a lack of data.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: --> Lagging

Postby Arcaon » Oct 24th, '09, 12:33 pm

<hk> wrote:I am also talking about making serverdemos useless. Due to a lack of data.

Ah, fair enough then.
Arcaon