Is it illegal?

It's OK
20%
This not OK
80%

Total votes : 44

--> Multiple accounts for one person

Postby <hk> » Oct 12th, '09, 10:08 pm

Since, not everyone seems to be pleased with the current server rules i suggest we develop new rules for the server here in this thread. Please try to find rules that have as least exceptions as possible. I want this to be constructive, so please make short posts which concentrate on essential things. Stay on Topic and do not spam.

Is it allowed to have more than one Account per person?
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Multiple accounts for one person

Postby frnk » Oct 12th, '09, 11:56 pm

THIS SHOULD BE A BIG NO NO. DO YOUR OWN RUNS.
frnk

Postby hykon.se » Oct 13th, '09, 12:01 am

lol frank, read again.
hykon.se

Postby like@boss » Oct 13th, '09, 2:40 am

I really don't care if someone has an account for every map they play. As long as they only log one time on that map.
like@boss

Postby hykon.se » Oct 13th, '09, 10:44 am

hrhr wrote:I really don't care if someone has an account for every map they play. As long as they only log one time on that map.

+1
hykon.se

Postby ZyaX » Oct 13th, '09, 11:47 am

hrhr wrote:I really don't care if someone has an account for every map they play. As long as they only log one time on that map.

Yea, this is what really has a negative impact on the scoreboard. But if we say that it's fine with several accounts, then people might accidentally logs on the same map with several accounts. But well, I guess that's their problem. :p

Some people however, I know arca at least, has an old account with "bad" times that he never plays on anymore. However, it could come to the point where he wants to play a map with his new account that he already has a time on with his old account. This is a problem that needs to be addressed regarding personal account/time deletion though.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby hykon.se » Oct 13th, '09, 12:03 pm

ZyaX wrote:Some people however, I know arca at least, has an old account with "bad" times that he never plays on anymore. However, it could come to the point where he wants to play a map with his new account that he already has a time on with his old account. This is a problem that needs to be addressed regarding personal account/time deletion though.

Agreed, I've been wanting to delete my two older accounts forever, but hk always came with excuses like "there wouldn't be much left of the database"... :P

Teh coolest player in Defrag wrote:mDd-Records: 68490
|:x| + (::) records: 169

Hmmm, I don't think that deleting 0,2% of the times in the database would be that much of a loss. :roll:
hykon.se

Postby ZyaX » Oct 13th, '09, 12:19 pm

One player wrote some time ago that just because a player wants his time removed so that he would get a higher average rank so that he might cum a bit faster the next time he writes !my stats. Because you really can't erase history just because it's not relevant to your interests. An athlete can't simply ask the official record holding federation to delete his 3rd place time of 1982 in 400m sprint from the records just because he only wants people to see his 1st places.
So I'm more for merging rather than deleting for the sake of a nice scoreboard. Because if we will eventually be allowed to delete accounts or even specific times of our accounts, some older maps might go completely blank. And it's nice to have a rich scoreboard to be able to compare your relative skill level to others.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby AL!EN » Oct 13th, '09, 2:28 pm

Merging is best solution i think.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby hykon.se » Oct 13th, '09, 2:47 pm

Obviously individual times shouldn't be removed, but removing a whole account won't do any damage except that the database might become 0.1-0.4% smaller.
hykon.se

Next