Should this helper be free to use?

This is not cheat
32%
This is cheat
68%

Total votes : 38

--> Mouse wheeling stairs

Postby <hk> » Oct 12th, '09, 8:42 pm

Since, not everyone seems to be pleased with the current server rules i suggest we develop new rules for the server here in this thread. Please try to find rules that have as least exceptions as possible. I want this to be constructive, so please make short posts which concentrate on essential things. Stay on Topic and do not spam.

:arrow: This thread is dedicated to actions bound to the mouse wheel only.

Note: It's not allowed to bind scripts to the mouse wheel. What will be considered a script will be defined in this thread: http://www.q3df.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Mouse wheeling stairs

Postby $$-albion » Oct 12th, '09, 8:52 pm

This is old news hk :p mwheeling stairs just because you don't want to fuck up your run because of the stairs, gawd just start over and try it again instead of mwheeling it.
$$-albion

Postby ZyaX » Oct 12th, '09, 11:42 pm

There are supposedly mwheeled times on the scoreboard someone said in the general thread in this forum section. I would be happy to see those times deleted. So we can keep this method outlawed.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby frnk » Oct 13th, '09, 12:00 am

no mwheeling!
frnk

Postby hykon.se » Oct 13th, '09, 12:03 am

Mwheeling is needed to be able to compete on many maps. Although if all mwheeled times were magically deleted, I would definitely not support the use of mwheel.
hykon.se

Postby $$-albion » Oct 13th, '09, 4:41 pm

"I, Arcaon, Is openly Gay" wrote:
Mwheeling is needed to be able to compete on many maps. Although if all mwheeled times were magically deleted, I would definitely not support the use of mwheel.

Does this mean you support hk? What about "ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!" ? :(
Mwheeling should be banned, permanently :p It's too big of an advantage towards players who don't use it. And like I said before, an argument like:
"But this way I don't have as many failed attempts due to not being able to do the stairs, than I normally have.", are rather insufficient to allow mwheeling in my opinion.
But still there will always be ppl(people) saying, "It's just 1 command bound to 1 key, which in theory is allowed."

Btw arca I lol'd at your name and if it's true I'll lol so hard I'll crap my pants :p
$$-albion

Postby hykon.se » Oct 13th, '09, 5:29 pm

Mwheeling should be banned, permanently :p It's too big of an advantage towards players who don't use it.

Well, that's their problem :p
Unlike turnscripts, cj scripts, custom engines etc., anyone could just bind this in five seconds.

Btw arca I lol'd at your name and if it's true I'll lol so hard I'll crap my pants :p

Hahahaha, my name on this board is now hykon's login name for some reason. So I told him about it, and he changed his login name to this. :lol: I wouldn't have this bad grammar in my name btw. :P
hykon.se

Postby AL!EN » Oct 13th, '09, 7:18 pm

Not allowed.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby >luci< » Oct 13th, '09, 8:12 pm

when the mwheel became popular (unsecret) im just say "holly shit, im gonna try this" belive me or not I suck at mwheel jumping, you still need good skills to made it well. I rather my double fingers taping on mouse2, that i´ve been using for years and it works very good xD (I wish I could show u in a video).

The point is that mwheel is not making an equal competition for those who dont use it. I know is very paintful when you got stuck in the stair or slow down, and what? AND WHAT? big deal... fucking play and dont cheat. Not allowed.

PS: arca being gay is the new coolest fashion? xD
>luci<

Postby DF/// ifoo » Oct 14th, '09, 6:28 pm

<hk> wrote:I want this to be constructive, so please make short posts which concentrate on essential things. Stay on Topic and do not spam.

....(LULZ @ alb :P)

topic: i've read every thread and i fully agree with zyax' kind of view in regard to all the new server rule threads. (ya i know...i made it fairly easy for myself, but why should i type half a page about my opinion if its already written here?)

Though i voted @all threads.
DF/// ifoo

Next