Board index mDd Board Rule finding board

--> Scripts

This stays here as long as it takes to work out the new server rules

--> Scripts

Postby <hk> » Oct 12th, '09, 8:23 pm

Since, not everyone seems to be pleased with the current server rules i suggest we develop new rules for the server here in this thread. Please try to find rules that have as least exceptions as possible. I want this to be constructive, so please make short posts which concentrate on essential things. Stay on Topic and do not spam.

:arrow: Scripts are illegal, no doubt. We have to find a good definition of "script" here.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Scripts

Postby <hk> » Oct 12th, '09, 8:28 pm

In my understanding everything is script that has more than 1(one) command bound to a key. Relay configs like the use of "exec" or "vstr" to execute more than one command are also scripts (cheat).

Note: This covers the infamous "+moveup; +attack"
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby frnk » Oct 12th, '09, 11:58 pm

rocket jumping is a learned skill. Using one button that does it perfectly is LAME and shouldn't be allowed.
frnk

Postby <hk> » Oct 13th, '09, 12:20 am

Please stay on topic and try to define what a script is.
Do you agree with my approach?
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby ZyaX » Oct 13th, '09, 12:11 pm

<hk> wrote:In my understanding everything is script that has more than 1(one) command bound to a key. Relay configs like the use of "exec" or "vstr" to execute more than one command are also scripts (cheat).

Note: This covers the infamous "+moveup; +attack"

Hmm, well. We need to brush up on this definition, or rather add some clarification. Because I don't think that BIND X "say :D;+button3;-button3", which makes you say ":D" and do the taunt of the model you're using. Or BIND P "login defragger secretpassword;model sarge".

But I guess you are referring to commands that execute any type of actual physical player behavior. We could define that, but then there could be things that aren't thought as this. But in the future something might be indirectly affecting the physical movement of a player, like cl_yawspeed is.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby AL!EN » Oct 13th, '09, 7:17 pm

ZyaX wrote:But I guess you are referring to commands that execute any type of actual physical player behavior. We could define that, but then there could be things that aren't thought as this. But in the future something might be indirectly affecting the physical movement of a player, like cl_yawspeed is.

Nice. We can add "scripts with indirectly things are also not allowed" - cl_yawspeed don't change physical player behavior itself, but combine with +left is.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby hykon.se » Oct 14th, '09, 8:33 am

Million dollar question: Would you consider using "bind mouse1 +attack; -attack; +movedown" cheating? It's practically the same as "bind mouse1 +movedown", except that you can also use mouse1 to respawn. If you vote no, maybe we have to define what a script is a bit more thoroughly. If you vote yes, you have to stop being so paranoid and realize that you could easily use another button to respawn. :lol:
hykon.se

Postby AL!EN » Oct 14th, '09, 11:40 am

"I, Arcaon, Is openly Gay" wrote:Million dollar question: Would you consider using "bind mouse1 +attack; -attack; +movedown" cheating? It's practically the same as "bind mouse1 +movedown", except that you can also use mouse1 to respawn. If you vote no, maybe we have to define what a script is a bit more thoroughly. If you vote yes, you have to stop being so paranoid and realize that you could easily use another button to respawn. :lol:

+attack, -attack ate not something that affect players movement. Use: bind e "+attack;-attack" command.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby <hk> » Oct 23rd, '09, 8:15 pm

It's never a good solution to ban cheat by cheat.
You better define a rule that matches "regular playing" as best as possible and add one may be two exceptions. That's what i am searching for. How do you define a rule text that matches scripts.

"It's not allowed to execute a sequence of commands that affect physical player behavior using predefined timing and order."

I think there are loopholes in this text.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby $$-albion » Oct 23rd, '09, 9:23 pm

<hk> wrote:It's never a good solution to ban cheat by cheat.
You better define a rule that matches "regular playing" as best as possible and add one may be two exceptions. That's what i am searching for. How do you define a rule text that matches scripts.

"It's not allowed to execute a sequence of commands that affect physical player behavior using predefined timing and order."

I think there are loopholes in this text.

Such as?
$$-albion

Next