Should this helper be free to use?

This is not cheat
53%
This is cheat
47%

Total votes : 47

Re: +left at fixed yawspeed

Postby DELETE_ME_TOO_PLEASE » Oct 13th, '09, 6:12 pm

yes it should be free to use, if someone feels truly satisfied having yawed times, well good luck to them...
DELETE_ME_TOO_PLEASE

Postby AL!EN » Oct 13th, '09, 6:48 pm

ZyaX wrote:I do NOT think this should be allowed. It seems to be like you guys are exaggerating the difference between modifying yawspeed during the run and having a static value throughout the run. And even if you force it so that it is only allowed to use cl_yawspeed 140. But what if there is a map, or will come a map where there will only be perhaps one turn, in which you will have the exact speed so that 140 yawspeed is the perfect value? We are allowed to "cheat" on that one map but not on others?
This is a dangerous path here, allowing something small in the beginning will make it easier for bigger cheats to be accepted in the future.

I will see this as not allowed, but for one condition: Camping Gaz will help to detect them (and i see by my own eyes that he is capable of doing it). If he don't have time to do it +left should be allowed at one fixed value of cl_yawspeed.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby >luci< » Oct 13th, '09, 7:12 pm

I can not vote, because im still trying to understand what the heck is the :? yawspeed.
I would like to see a demo with :P
>luci<

Postby hykon.se » Oct 13th, '09, 8:10 pm

cl_yawspeed is just a command that changes how fast you turn with +left/+right (arrow keys).
hykon.se

Postby >luci< » Oct 13th, '09, 8:20 pm

ohh duh, thank you friend. I think this mean that you can make a perfect turn in a big coner without losing speed and without using your mouse???
please tell me no.
>luci<

Postby hykon.se » Oct 13th, '09, 8:36 pm

>>Lucifer<< wrote:ohh duh, thank you friend. I think this mean that you can make a perfect turn in a big coner without losing speed and without using your mouse???
please tell me no.

YES. :cry:
hykon.se

Postby AL!EN » Oct 13th, '09, 8:48 pm

>>Lucifer<< wrote:ohh duh, thank you friend. I think this mean that you can make a perfect turn in a big coner without losing speed and without using your mouse???
please tell me no.

Take look at this: http://ex.us.to/pub/upload/demos/lovet-second%5Bmdf.cpm%5D00.22.384%28Doaiena.Bulgaria%29.dm_68 Pure cheating.
AL!EN

Postby >luci< » Oct 13th, '09, 8:52 pm

"I, Arcaon, Is openly Gay" wrote:
please tell me no.

YES. :cry:

eS-AL|EN wrote:
please tell me no.

Take look at this: http://ex.us.to/pub/upload/demos/lovet-second%5Bmdf.cpm%5D00.22.384%28Doaiena.Bulgaria%29.dm_68 Pure cheating.

AMAGAD :shock:
>luci<

Postby hykon.se » Oct 14th, '09, 8:23 am

That proves pretty well why Defrag would be better if +left and +right aren't allowed. Another thing is that if keyboard turns with fixed yawspeeds are allowed, it will be almost impossible to see a difference between yawscript turns and keyboard turns in server demos. Turnscripters could easily claim that they've used simple keyboard turns.
hykon.se

Postby AL!EN » Oct 14th, '09, 11:37 am

"I, Arcaon, Is openly Gay" wrote:That proves pretty well why Defrag would be better if +left and +right aren't allowed. Another thing is that if keyboard turns with fixed yawspeeds are allowed, it will be almost impossible to see a difference between yawscript turns and keyboard turns in server demos. Turnscripters could easily claim that they've used simple keyboard turns.

Great post. You get +1 for this.
AL!EN

PreviousNext