Should this helper be free to use?

This is not cheat
53%
This is cheat
47%

Total votes : 47

Re: +left at fixed yawspeed

Postby Arcaon » Oct 24th, '09, 12:43 pm

The fact that people are defending +left/right turns is laughable. Just learn how to turn god dammit...
Arcaon

Postby AL!EN » Oct 24th, '09, 7:21 pm

ZyaX wrote:When it comes to the details of this issue, all you have to do is to press down one button and close your eyes, instead of what normally is quite challenging(at high speeds especially). If this isn't so blatantly obvious, I don't know what is

That is what I'm talking about all time: pure math instead of skill.

<hk> wrote:The community seems to be divided about this. What should we do? Some people will be pissed.

Similar divide as in "+moveup;+attack" script case in DFWC04. Some people was also pissed, but admins make strong rule. There is absolute no chance for "+left at fixed yawspeed" to be allowed during DFWC so it shouldn't be allowed online too. [2338]a already write all important stuff.

EDIT: yawspeed modification during runs

eS-AL|EN wrote:"It is not allowed to change your view angles with other means than moving the mouse and it is not allowed to automate movements of your mouse in any way."

EDIT: It seems that this rule also prohibits the use of centerview command(and ofc +left/+right commands), with is also nice 8-)
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby ZyaX » Oct 25th, '09, 1:17 am

eS-AL|EN wrote:EDIT: It seems that this rule also prohibits the use of centerview command(and ofc +left/+right commands), with is also nice 8-)

I don't think anyone will cry over centerview :>
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby >luci< » Oct 25th, '09, 4:48 pm

[2338]a wrote:The fact that people are defending +left/right turns is laughable. Just learn how to turn god dammit...

exactly
>luci<

Postby [gt]glm » Oct 29th, '09, 4:26 pm

btw even in cpma cl_yawspeed cheat protected
so it's mod business

promode.org
[gt]glm

Postby <hk> » Oct 29th, '09, 5:44 pm

Yes, i had a discussion KOS about that yesterday, when we saw HAL9000 is using a stair script.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby Hastur » Nov 2nd, '09, 7:57 am

khtti wrote:Blastoise:

If you honestly cannot see the difference between automated scripts and fully manual input through unconventional devices you have zero grasp of what constitutes an advantage.

In Every competition, in order for it to be fair and the scores to be accurate, everyone must start with the same amount of limited resources. How you utilize those resources is where the skill begins. If you are not skilled or do not know how to utilize these resources during fair game-play, then you, sir, should just learn how to play better. If you like scripting and botting, then just do it offline, no one will get their panties in a bunch over that I'm sure.

Instead of nitpicking on what is a cheat and what is not (which you should be very well aware of since you're supposedly clever, so either you're playing dumb or this is not an act) Just accept how the community sees things or play something else. No one is forcing you to play. If you're trying to get your way because you suck at playing manually... well I don't know what to say about such a person, except please don't try to drag everyone else down to your level of skill because you can't own up to the challenge. Accept that this is a game, and this is how it is played.

Your endeavors to change the actual game-play are redundant. Becoming mysteriously retarded when confronted with the issue of cheating in order to find loopholes instead of comprehending the general idea is frivolous and petty.
Really, i think you're better off playing WoW, what with all the new addons and crap, the computer practically plays the game for you, and here's the kicker, it's not even considered cheating. 8-)

Calling alien a troll because he cannot give a rats arse about being rhetorically well-versed is very unbecoming. constantly telling people they are being illogical is also unbecoming. as a person who has known about this community for a while but hasn't joined until recently, I can easily say that my use of logical axioms is way more objective than yours, which is the whole idea behind logic. but let us not stray off-topic, this is not a speech competition so I'll spare you the red-herring argument.

p.s. Just ride the wave dude, ride the wave 8-)
"When in doubt, use a quote" - Myoujou
Hastur
Voice of Reason

Postby Arcaon » Nov 2nd, '09, 12:20 pm

+1 Myoujou! ;)

Also, it's allowed to use whatever cheats you want online, as long as you are NOT logged in! :roll:
Arcaon

Postby 742617000027 » Jan 14th, '10, 10:26 am

[2338]a wrote:Also, it's allowed to use whatever cheats you want online, as long as you are NOT logged in! :roll:

AIMBOT!!

Postby <hk> » Jan 14th, '10, 4:09 pm

You may not loose your account. But if I see somebody cheating I will remove him from the server. That I don't punish someone for cheating while the player is not logged in doesn't mean I tolerate him.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

PreviousNext