Should this helper be free to use?

This is not cheat
53%
This is cheat
47%

Total votes : 47

Re: +left at fixed yawspeed

Postby khtti » Oct 18th, '09, 6:43 am

So, alien, when do we get to hear how you will determine who is using a joystick/gamepad for assisted turns vs. who is using +left/right bound to the keyboard?

Or, more directly, what is the difference in these configurations that makes one a cheat while the other is not?

Joystick input is a quake3 feature, it always has been. Arguing against its use is at least as stupid as bitching about stairwheels.

I can't determine from a demo whether the player used a gamepad/joystick (with any amount of axis sensitivity, from a simple 1/0 directional pad up to controllers with more levels of input than a mouse) or +left/right bound conventionally. Therefore, since joystick input is legit, yawspeed assisted turns are as well.
khtti

Postby Arcaon » Oct 18th, '09, 10:42 am

khtti wrote:Therefore, since joystick input is legit, yawspeed assisted turns are as well.

... That was one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard. We all know that not a single player in Defrag uses or would ever use a joystick to play. It's impossible to both strafe and play any weapon run with a joystick, and no one would (be able to) switch between mouse and joystick for turns. The "it's a Q3 feature, so it's not a cheat" argument is stupid, and would also apply to +left/right, most scripts, com_maxfps 1000 etc. Cheats are cheats because they give an unfair advantage over other players; not because they weren't included in the Q3 code. :roll:
Arcaon

Postby AL!EN » Oct 18th, '09, 10:58 am

khtti wrote:So, alien, when do we get to hear how you will determine who is using a joystick/gamepad for assisted turns vs. who is using +left/right bound to the keyboard?

Or, more directly, what is the difference in these configurations that makes one a cheat while the other is not?

I can't determine from a demo whether the player used a gamepad/joystick (with any amount of axis sensitivity, from a simple 1/0 directional pad up to controllers with more levels of input than a mouse) or +left/right bound conventionally. Therefore, since joystick input is legit, yawspeed assisted turns are as well.

There are no deference = there are the same as +left/right = you can't use it, it's not allowed, it's cheat, no excuses :!: You cannot play archery via sub-machine gun.

khtti wrote:Joystick input is a quake3 feature, it always has been. Arguing against its use is at least as stupid as bitching about stairwheels.

This proves that we should not listen to you. MWhell jumps on stairs legit ? No comments...

So again steroids maker come here and want to tell honest people what is fair and what is not. I have nothing against you personally, but you seams to me as some brain-dead zombie who constantly say "quake3 feature quake3 feature quake3 featureeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Are you really so stupid or blind that we don't play a game called "Quake III Arena" here ? Q3Raylly is "Quake III Arena" game ? Urban Terror ALSO ? I will make my own quake.exe with sv_cheats 1 as default, no cheat warning message, some scripting feature that allows for tricks at one button and you still will be claim that "in q3 mod you can use everything that you can use with quake3.exe" :?: Do you want to argue about some technical bullshit like "it;s because fs_game ..." :?:

Explain me some things:

- why scripts are forbidden ? (basic q3 engine feature)
- why wait commands are forbidden ? (basic q3 engine feature)
- why changing com_maxfps is forbidden ? (basic q3 engine feature)
- why g_symchronousclients is 0 offline and 1 online ?, and you cannot change it (basic q3 engine feature)
- why pmove_fixed is forbidden offline and allowed online ? (basic q3 engine feature)
- why total random OB was finally forbid in offline competitions ? (basic q3 engine feature)

Following you logic EVERYTHING FROM ABOVE SHOULD BE ALLOWED because quake3.exe, version 1.40 by myself modification allows it :!: This is ridiculous :!:

Stop this nonsense, as you won't archive you goal. When those rules will be set, the only thing you can do is play fair or play at "Server for cheatores" There you can use anything that you want. But beware: since you was catch with using UNCOUNTABLE AMOUNT OF SCRIPTS i tell you now that if you try to cheat again with new rules, because "AL|EN is stupid, i don't care for some stupid rules" the you will pay the consequences and this time there will be no excuses. It doesn't matter if you don't have time to play manual, want to score first time on a map, beat some noob by 10s "using only small +moveup;+attack scripts" or score 40 seconds at some 10 second strafe map, but with using +left/+right binds. You will be surprised how its feel to loose all of you records. Yet, if you don't care then it sounds even better for me.

Now I'm fully aware that you will test admins patience by pressing +left/+right binds via 0.0003432 s constantly and via doing some other stupid things, until they will have enough of you. Then we should also know that you are an asshole. I'm count that you won't surprise me.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby $$-albion » Oct 18th, '09, 1:06 pm

Where do you find the time to write all of this alien? My god, I'm not reading all that shit, unless you make a 5-sentence summary of it :s
$$-albion

Postby ZyaX » Oct 18th, '09, 9:07 pm

lol great posts arca and alien, you pretty much took the words out of my mouth here :P
I think khetti is something that all communities are bound to have, a troll :) And a pretty grumpy one too from what I noticed while being on a server with him.

P.S. let's allow stoning of people since it was use since thousands of years ago!!(and not the good stoned! :D)

P.P.S.
[eL]albion wrote:Where do you find the time to write all of this alien? My god, I'm not reading all that shit, unless you make a 5-sentence summary of it :s

Wow, I wonder how you would react if someone suggested that you would read a book ;P
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby khtti » Oct 18th, '09, 10:31 pm

Blastoise:
Its impossible? What, have you never seen an advanced joystick? We are far past atari, many of them have more than one function, you know :roll: You can easily use joy with your left hand for controlling movement in addition to changing viewangles by several methods, leaving your right hand free for using a mouse.
Its completely possible, legal, and legit, and no amount of brainless spam is going to change that.
Or, actually it might, depending on how much a retard-empath <hk> decides to be.

If you honestly cannot see the difference between automated scripts and fully manual input through unconventional devices you have zero grasp of what constitutes an advantage.

alien:
Scripts, including the use of 'wait' are forbidden for obvious reasons: they break continuity of input which is a major point of defrag.
Changing com_maxfps, g_sync, pmove_fixed etc are disallowed because competition is not possible on anything other than standardized physics.
Random OB was banned because luck isn't the focus of a skill competition. Also, people are paranoid that bots would abuse it.
Does that answer your rhetorical troll bs?

Are you claiming a logical link between a standardized physics environment, automation, and the use of alternative input devices? You'll need to explain, because from my understanding of logic there is none to be found. Maybe you have discovered some new rules to logic that contradict old ones?

Btw, using ad hominem attacks on me based on the blind word of some half-informed and impotent admin (evidenced by the word "uncountable") proves that you have no logical argument at all. See how that works when I speak as you do? :lol:

Zyax: if you read more carefully, alien is the troll here. At least I explain my arguments, whereas he just bleeds everywhere.
khtti

Postby Arcaon » Oct 18th, '09, 10:43 pm

The day people start playing Defrag with joysticks to get slightly better turns, then we can draw parallels to +left/right turns.
Arcaon

Postby khtti » Oct 18th, '09, 10:53 pm

The parallels are independent of the individual use, what third-world school did you attend?
khtti

Postby like@boss » Oct 19th, '09, 7:47 am

What a coincidence, I happen to be shopping for a joystick right now. 8-)
like@boss

Postby $$-albion » Oct 19th, '09, 11:13 am

hrhr wrote:What a coincidence, I happen to be shopping for a joystick right now. 8-)

Qwerty, you're one bad-ass dude 8-)

BRO FIST!
$$-albion

PreviousNext