Board index mDd Board Rule finding board

Cgaz hud ( accel meter )

This stays here as long as it takes to work out the new server rules

Do you use cgaz hud or included accel meter in defrag mode?

Yes.
56%
No.
27%
Yes, but i can play without it.
17%

Total votes : 108

Re: Cgaz hud ( accel meter )

Postby ally is a cheater » Sep 20th, '10, 7:26 pm

eS-AL|EN wrote:The fact that CGaz HUD don't work correct in promode and it can even make you run worse make this case close before it even start.

looooooool
bs (=
ally is a cheater

Postby DF/// ifoo » Sep 20th, '10, 7:32 pm

where did he say it doesnt help at all?

anyway, it does help you, but not at such a high degree as you may think.
and alien, you just have to know how to use it in promode. ^^
DF/// ifoo

Postby $$-albion » Sep 20th, '10, 8:40 pm

Oh, didn't read the third option, ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuu xD
And yes I use it, it's pretty handy, so why wouldn't you use it ;D
$$-albion

Postby [DF]yotoon » Sep 20th, '10, 10:25 pm

I agree with albion.
I have it on with 0.4 visibility and I rarely look at it while strafing, but it gets pretty handy in some situations. Good thing you can change transparency and move it vertically. :)
[DF]yotoon

Postby Arcaon » Sep 20th, '10, 10:29 pm

eS-AL|EN wrote:4.CGaz HUD only works at 50% in promode physic, and it even produce bad angles for maximum speed in some situations. Everyone who know anything about those two thing will confirm this. This means that when it comes to promode, CGaz HUD will not only give you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :!: in some situations but also you can be fooled by it. How about that ?

Cgaz hud isn't incorrect, although it ONLY shows where you gain respectively lose speed, whether it's 1 ups/s or 100 ups/s. Alas, it doesn't show where you gain the most speed. That doesn't mean it's faulty, just that it hasn't been implemented.

[fps]wiwka wrote:Arcaon why should I? I'm satisfied from my times done without it. You know that i will probably not, or it will take me some time to beat. Also I wouldn't enjoy the game, because i couldn't be proud on it. I'm fine with the way how I'm playing now and can say that when i have my day, i can beat some of your times without cgaz. I have better idea so far. What about to be honest and play without it when you are saying it doesn't help at all.

Despite of result of our words, i know that at 90% will nothing happen with it, cause users will always defend it and maybe after forbidding that lot of people could leave playing, what isn't our desire of community. Wanna point at fact, that if somebody should deserved respect from his runs/times/records in defrag, only him knows if he really do. There are lot of players, whose can't stop nothing to be in the top times.

I always was and will be against any better "help" tools in defrag. [ understand better = other than basic hud, ob detector ]

I wasn't fully serious about beating my times, but my point is that the competition and skill differences isn't really affected by the use of Cgaz hud, and a good run with it doesn't become less credible. And it's available for everyone with a key press. I think your main complaint is that you didn't know it had been acceptable until now, and that you think you'd play much better if you knew earlier! :P

Anyway, as I said; "I don't think that knowing in your mind what area your mouse is inside should be one of the main objectives of the game." Oh, and I never said that Cgaz hud doesn't help at all.
Arcaon

Postby Phoenix » Sep 20th, '10, 10:32 pm

This topic got pretty silly pretty fast. I don't share any of your enthusiasm for such controversial topics as the evil "OB Detectors" and "Cgaz Huds". Classic case of "so and so is better than me so let's find all the tools he's using ban them all!"

Crosshairs help you know where to aim. I think they should be disallowed. Everyone play with cg_drawCrosshair 0. Oh wait. My health tells me if I need to pick up that mega health or not... better make it just cg_draw2d 0. K thx.

Play more. Whine less.
Phoenix

Postby BerserK » Sep 21st, '10, 8:21 am

Hmm, your post is just too moronic phoenix. -_- I will not answer on that. Don't you want to play with scarf over your eyes then ?

Arcaon: I don't whine about that somebody is better than me o some maps due the using of cgaz. I grown up when wesp was really playing so... on maps what i like is nobody before me. I know about acceleration meter long time. Before you and many others didn't play defrag. I hadn't understanding why should somebody play with something like that. And maybe dislike it more when some person came after half year of break into the game. He was asking cfg from anybody who was online. Remember that he couldn't did average time neither. Next day he was in [2337] with their cfg and wesp told him how cgaz is working. You can imagine how good he was after that.

:violin:

phoenix question on you isn't answer on your post. That should be different.
Last edited by BerserK on Sep 22nd, '10, 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
BerserK

Postby Phoenix » Sep 22nd, '10, 5:46 am

[fps]wiwka wrote:Hmm, your post is just too moronic phoenix. -_- I will not answer on that. Don't you want to play with scarf over your eyes then ?
Phoenix

Postby AL!EN » Sep 23rd, '10, 12:32 am

ry wrote:
eS-AL|EN wrote:The fact that CGaz HUD don't work correct in promode and it can even make you run worse make this case close before it even start.

looooooool
bs (=

The only bull.s.h.i.t. is you meaning less reply. Fyi, promode physic isn't only +forward. Now if you want so say something clever i suggest you to first learn about it before your next reply. :hand:

(: a wrote:
eS-AL|EN wrote:4.CGaz HUD only works at 50% in promode physic, and it even produce bad angles for maximum speed in some situations. Everyone who know anything about those two thing will confirm this. This means that when it comes to promode, CGaz HUD will not only give you ABSOLUTELY NOTHING :!: in some situations but also you can be fooled by it. How about that ?

Cgaz hud isn't incorrect, although it ONLY shows where you gain respectively lose speed, whether it's 1 ups/s or 100 ups/s. Alas, it doesn't show where you gain the most speed. That doesn't mean it's faulty, just that it hasn't been implemented.

Cgaz HID IS incorrect because it was designed for vq3 and there are some situations (mostly turns) that it shows wrong angel for maximum speed gain = incorrect behavior, no matter if this isn't CGaz HUD fault. If a promode player use it, he can be fooled by it. Ofc CGaz hud helps in some way, but the fact that it only works at 50% make this helper meaning less above specific skill level.

It is late and i don't have time to reply about all you post so i will only reply to what you say to me:

[fps]wiwka wrote:Alien so why many strafers play only with it, and wont turn it off ? Maybe it couldn't be 100%, all you need is the deflection. What has key pressing with this ? Or are you fan of Frank's quote how to be better ?: Press jump faster :D. And to last thing(6): And you came to this world on your feet? Here comes my last question on you then: So why are you so hotly defending something, that isn't helping you at all to get better strafes/times ? So where is problem to disallow it? ( don't think about problems to realize it ) hm?

First of all: i play with it because it was enabled in ZyaX cfg that i use when i started to play Defrag. People play with it not only because the help them with strafes a lite but also because they used to. I'm not saying/defending that it doesn't help you. You just don't realize that this helper is meaningless at pro strafe level in promode. I will say it again: sometimes it doesn't work at all, and if you think that it is 100% correct, then you have must improve you promode strafe skill to see hes weakness - what is in this sentence that you don't understand ? Also you don't seems to get that if eg: Benek try to turn it on, he can't do proper strafes.

"BUT IT HELPS YOU DO BETTER STRAFES ! DON'T YOU KNOW IT ?" - try to convince him to use it ;)

If you will convince Cgg to disable it I'm perfectly fine with it. Fell free to send him email/wrote at cggdev.org. When you will be writing this ? Tomorrow right ?
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby like@boss » Sep 23rd, '10, 12:51 am

It's been a while so I'm amused to see more of this attitude "unless u play exactly like i do then i consider u a cheater!!!" keep the luls comin, never gets old :dance:
like@boss

PreviousNext