Board index mDd Board Rule finding board

Cgaz hud ( accel meter )

This stays here as long as it takes to work out the new server rules

Do you use cgaz hud or included accel meter in defrag mode?

Yes.
56%
No.
27%
Yes, but i can play without it.
17%

Total votes : 108

Re: Cgaz hud ( accel meter )

Postby AL!EN » Sep 30th, '10, 11:06 am

We don't need to fear anything. Player ewry disabled cgazhud and he was able to score same times. Besides: it is you job to prove that cgazhud will make that you will became better and beat all other players. So start to use it and prove this.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby bb gl » Sep 30th, '10, 1:42 pm

Well actually i could get nowhere near those times except for some no-high speed maps, and i would get even worse if i continued not to use it for a longer period of time. And btw Alien why would anyone use cgazhud for +left/+right turns? The whole point if it, as i understand it, is to help you accelerate with forward+strafe when youre above 1200u or so as its hard to find right angels to accelerate since the accel range gets smaller. Actually i find it less useful in vq3 since youre not very often speeding beyond that.

As for you wiwka, with all due respect for your skills, trust me, this hud doesn't guerantee good times and as arca said you would have a hard time beating any of his times even if you had used it for ages. It takes more than keeping the crosshair in the green bar to strafe properly.
bb gl

Postby ally is a cheater » Sep 30th, '10, 3:30 pm

eS-AL|EN wrote:We don't need to fear anything. Player ewry disabled cgazhud and he was able to score same times. Besides: it is you job to prove that cgazhud will make that you will became better and beat all other players. So start to use it and prove this.

as i already told u once, this is bs..ry is no freakin uber pro who beats his own times easily without using the cgaz hud

__ry wrote:As for you wiwka, with all due respect for your skills, trust me, this hud doesn't guerantee good times and as arca said you would have a hard time beating any of his times even if you had used it for ages. It takes more than keeping the crosshair in the green bar to strafe properly.

that's right, you'll have to use autojump in addition
ally is a cheater

Postby Arcaon » Sep 30th, '10, 3:43 pm

Just for the sake of it, I actually tried playing a bit without CGaz hud yesterday. I got 12:416 on lovet-shortshit2 with CGaz hud, and 12:352 without, after getting used to it. That's close to what I can get without random ob, and through most of the map, you have 1180-1530 ups.

The reason to why I got a good time once without it, is because I was lucky to have kept my mouse just inside the accel area. Most of the other runs, I would usually be a few pixels outside of the accel area at one part.

Well well.
Arcaon

Postby Po0dle » Jan 10th, '11, 9:35 am

I find the accel meter of the cgaz hud particularly handy because it gives some indications if I'm doing good and should keep the course or doing bad. It's nice to have some confirmation that you get some accel instead of trying to figure it out by looking at your ups.
The hud is just an easy tool to learn the angels quickly but I don't think it's of much use when you're trying to reach a high level.
Po0dle

Postby <hk> » Jan 10th, '11, 12:46 pm

Adjusting your angle relative to the cgaz hud is easier than relative to your perception of the movement direction. The hud is not accurate but you know how to correct the angle at the various speeds.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby bd.Doaiena » Jan 31st, '11, 9:25 pm

I personally have never used it. It distracts me. My runs with cgaz enabled are way slower that without it.

Im really curious what will happen if cgaz were disabled for 2-3 months. Will the players relying on it be able to make good times without it. And i cant help wondering how will nowadays' best strafers rank on the upcomming maps without that HUD.
bd.Doaiena

Postby rlx|mini » Feb 2nd, '11, 1:19 am

tried this last days. :lol: . but must say, that i dont think it will help to improve strafe,maybe for beginners. but once u have the strafe in 'your fingers' this wont help anymore :D
rlx|mini

Postby <hk> » Feb 2nd, '11, 2:49 pm

I tend to disagree. Of course it's inaccurate but It's easier to place your mouse relative to the hud than to your movement vector, which you can't see.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby -crysj- » Feb 15th, '12, 2:35 am

A long time ago i was even worse than i am at defrag now.. but along came mr.worm, he taught me the basics with the use of the hud and although it was distracting at first it has become subliminal.
I may not need it to help me strafe anymore but its what im used to, its part of the game available to me and to everyone else.
To imply its a "cheat" is ridiculous considering most of the legendary DeFRAG'ers dont seem to use it. Beside from the logic most people are using its even holding back my true p(r)otential HAR HAR :lol:
-crysj-

PreviousNext