Postby <hk> » May 16th, '10, 9:32 pm

What are good ways to punish players?
So far we use:

• clientkick
  • temporary suspending an account
  • locking/freezing account
  • deleting account with all times

I consider using the following in the future:
  • Banning a player. If your account got deleted for cheating, you are not allowed to register a new one. In case you do and I notice, I will delete it without any trial. This is not a "1 free cheat"-joker
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Ways to punish

Postby 742617000027 » May 16th, '10, 9:57 pm

• Removal of digits, starting with little finger

Postby ally is a cheater » May 16th, '10, 11:09 pm

usin a script -> ban
usin cheat -> ban
usin +left/+right -> ban
usin an external device or software to get an advantage -> ban
(those things are all the same..)

i don't care about anything else, ppl(people) don't seem to read the rules anyway
ally is a cheater

Postby <hk> » May 17th, '10, 7:32 pm

so you add 'ban' to the list. What kind of ban do you have in mind?
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby ZyaX » May 17th, '10, 10:15 pm

I think delete all times of the account is the way to go really. However, a system like yellow card and red card could be a bit more humane than just insta-delete.

Some old good players might pick up playing again, and back in the days rj and pj scripts were allowed and generally accepted. So a one time offence could be left with a deletion of the time(s) in question and formal warning. Perhaps when you log in it will also say that this account has a warning on it and should you break any rules all of your times for the whole account will be deleted. Maybe this warning should only be seen by the user that logs in or by all, but I don't know about that.

It is also good to inform the player, who might have broken some rule and has obtained a warning, of how to get in contact if he has any questions. Perhaps add a !contact command and tell him to use it and use the instructions there. Either to register at the forum here and pm you, give your email or say what irc server and channel you are on. Or have all that included in the warning message.
ZyaX
Voice of Reason

Postby <hk> » May 20th, '10, 5:25 am

ZyaX wrote: [...] a system like yellow card and red card could be a bit more humane than just insta-delete. [...] It is also good to inform the player, who might have broken some rule and has obtained a warning, of how to get in contact if he has any questions.

There is no way people don't know about the rules. The whole website is full of it. Also other players tell you instantly when you break rules.

ZyaX wrote:Perhaps when you log in it will also say that this account has a warning on it and should you break any rules all of your times for the whole account will be deleted

People don't care about accounts, which leads me to my point.

• What about a deletion that spans across multiple accounts of the same player? If your account got deleted for cheating, you are not allowed to register a new one. In case you do and i notice, I will delete it without any trial.
This is almost the same as a ban. It can be combined with a yellow/red card system. To those of you who don't know football (the real football) you can get banned without warning, too. Depending on what you do.

ZyaX wrote:and back in the days rj and pj scripts were allowed and generally accepted.

Things like this make me angry. RJ scripts have never been accepted. People have always been rolling their eyes on this. It's just they couldn't do anything about it. Just because it wasn't explicitly mentioned it the rules doesn't mean it used to be OK.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby 742617000027 » May 20th, '10, 10:31 am

<hk> wrote:This is almost the same as a ban. It can be combined with a yellow/red card system. To those of you who don't know football (the real football) you can get banned without warning, too. Depending on what you do.

Yet you are not necessarily qualified to be the referee that decides when to give which card. There would need to be a rule set, rather a penal code which you could rely on, otherwise people might call your decisions arbitrary, with good reason. Like e.g.:

Removal of specific time
RJ script, CJ script, turn scripts, ...

Removal of all times
strafe bot, ...

Removal of any times someone will make in the future
Caused by the above reasons PLUS doing something prohibited again

Annoying reminder that someone still isn't in the google map
Someone still isn't in the google map :>

Postby AL!EN » May 20th, '10, 12:07 pm

As HK says, people who break the rules don't care about their accounts. They simply make new one and start to cheat again. They can even switch game and cheat other community. Like tyraz, he also cheated in warsow race. Damm fool !
742617000027 wrote:Removal of specific time
RJ script, CJ script, turn scripts, ...

This wont' work. HK can't spend his time to proving some cheaters that "You use RJ script/CJ script/turn scripts in that specific demo because i checked all you demos" and after that say: "Can you pls don't do it again?"

The only proper penalty for breaking the rules is to delete all times and if someone will do it again then instant ban.

This is how it works in any FPS gam, you use wallhack/aimbot = server ban+guid ban+ban at all servers who use PB CDkey checking/guids. PB don't give you a second chance, ESL/CB also. There was some cheaters that was forced to change their surname to be able to register in ESL again. Pathetic.

We have such system in Poland some years ago: it was called SWB

There was 12 Polish Q3 Duel and TDM servers and they was all connected by a system that adds a banned ip at all those servers, when admin of one server found that someone using cheats.

How about similar thing at mDd servers ? Permanent ban if someone cheats second time ?

I personally think that cheaters don't deserve a second chance because 8 years experience shows that when someone cheats, he became cheater forever and he will do this again, but I'm not leading this ship.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby <hk> » May 20th, '10, 3:20 pm

I kinda agree with Alien here. Removing of specific times is like having a free cheat.
But that's not the point here. We have to find new ways to punish people because the current system doesn't work.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby AL!EN » May 20th, '10, 3:51 pm

First violation of rules: Delete account and ban for 3 months

If someone returns while he is banned then he gets instant ban, even if this was first violation of rules.

Second violation of rules: Delete account and permanent ban

As for ynamic IP: you ban a mask, eg: 333.xxx.xxx.xxx and no problem :-] There is a small chance that some legit players will have the same ip as a cheater.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Next