Board index Off Topic random

Presentation : Urban Jump Tournament season 2

You know what this means

Presentation : Urban Jump Tournament season 2

Postby logic » Jan 24th, '15, 9:30 pm

Hi guys,

I'm here to present to you the second edition of "Urban Jump Tournament".

So first, let me introduce Urban Terror.

"Urban Terror™ is a free multiplayer first person shooter developed by FrozenSand, that will run on any Quake III Arena compatible engine. It is available for Windows, Linux and Macintosh.
Urban Terror can be described as a Hollywood tactical shooter; somewhat realism based, but the motto is "fun over realism". This results in a very unique, enjoyable and addictive game.
"

As you can see, there are several game types like FFA/SURVIVOR/CTF/JUMP/BOMB/ and more. In this case, we are going to focus on the jump mode.
Here is a great jump movie to explain what we are able to realise on URT (on official frag maps). Here another one on a jump map. In few words, you can slide on the floor, you can walljump (3 max in a row), bounce, there is also icy maps. This is pretty different that Quake 3 Defrag, our circle jump is limited and there is no weapon in jump mode.

So now, why i'm posting here ? For few reasons.

Actually, in our tournament we are jumping only on Q3 maps (sometimes with few modifications for our game). Before I started the first edition of this tournament, I saw incredible movies about the defrag mode (wesp, f33l, worldwilde, celestia with arcaon) and I was like, holy shit, this is great, we can do this too on URT ! For the second edition I was thinking about promote our event to check if there are people who are interested in. I'm pretty sure that it will be nice to see new faces from other jump games.

About our first tournament what I can say it's : incredible tournament, with a lack of organization, a few problems with our staff about map makers, there were a lot of people on some maps contrary to some other maps more difficult or to long but over all it was really nice and attractive.

Now, for the seconde one, we have a complete staff (except a web designer) and a better organization and we are trying to have more entries. Here is a promo video of the season 2.

Let's speak a little bit more on the tournament.
It will start in late March early April, 2 maps per week (with two different leagues) for 5 weeks. It will be a ranking points system depending on the best time on the maps that we are going to choose. After every week, we will record the fatest player on the map and put this on Youtube. You don't need to give your demo, servers record automatically your fastest time/name/demo/mapname. You can find our rules here.

To download the game it's here.
If you have any questions about the game (if you want to strat correctly with a nice cfg) or the tournament or if you have any recommendations, feel free to contact us on IRC @quakenet #jumptournament (Samchun or me, logic).
My profil on urbanterror.info.
My profil on urban-terror.fr.
Youtube channel from a nice movie maker here (playlist jump).
Youtube channel of one of the best jumper on URT here.

I hope that there will be interested people.
I wish u a good evening and a good weekend.

logic
logic

Re: Presentation : Urban Jump Tournament season 2

Postby sjuk » Jan 26th, '15, 12:06 pm

While strafejumping, why do you turn facelook too much as if you don't want to accept the face of the loving mother who born you, urban tricksters.
After playing a lot on kozomёt's blue tile surface maps you will not remain the same person #:&
sjuk

Postby TittenIgnition » Jan 27th, '15, 3:25 am

How long has it been possible to have infinite stamina and no fall damage in UrT? O_O I've been wanting that for a long time without having to cover every surface with cushion. Maybe I saw it done with a proxymod, but never offline, which is how any jump-related tourney should be done.
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby logic » Jan 27th, '15, 12:35 pm

Since the new update 4.2.
Check this video.
Unfortunately, it will be only an online competition.
logic