Board index Off Topic random

Reflex

You know what this means

Re: Reflex

Postby se1z » Oct 1st, '14, 11:33 am

[gt]neiT. wrote:
TittenIgnition wrote:
se1z wrote:Not really no, let me rephrase my question: what about CPMA is so repellent that you think it wont fit into a new game?

They need their almighty 50-year-old VQ3 gameplay, or the game sucks.

imo they will notice the big big big fault in their plan soon after beta release that ppl(people)(people) just wont be satisfied with cpm physics.
Same what happened to QL, they will eventually add the other physics.. - but it will hurt community and ppl(people)(people) will already move-on to other games... like QL, just shit logic..

I am still trying to see the FPS learning curve from an impartial viewpoint, for someone who has 0 experience with FPS games (which might be quite difficult for someone like me who has been playing FPS since Doom and Duke Nukem), anways giving the fact that the cpma might be a bit harder to learn, there arent as many as you might think
Doublejump, stair jump, telejump and ramp jump are the only 4 factors you need to consider when jumping from vq3 duel into cpma duel, and ye I left out fastswitch and different weapon damages out on purpose because they are subjective for a newcomer.
However we dont know yet how many of those mentioned factors will be implemented, respectivly kept in the final release of Reflex.
Maybe they will change values, play around with different weapon damage values, change some physic values, could be very possible that at the end, that Reflex will be a dumped down version of cpma, in which case it might be closer to actual vq3 movement than cpma, or something inbetween those 2 (I would very much welcome that decision)
tl;dr be more opened minded about new FPS games, that is all I am asking

Timothy wrote:It has too big of a learning curve to be attractive. It's the sad truth.

I agree at some point, that cpma might be a bit harder to learn for a newcomer, as I said in the response to neit I would welcome a mix between cpma and vq3
se1z

Postby santile » Oct 1st, '14, 10:57 pm

Timothy wrote:It has too big of a learning curve to be attractive. It's the sad truth.

who gives a fuck about the "almighty learning curve" when you have matchmaking?
and how is that related to wether it's attractive or not?

[gt]neiT. wrote:
TittenIgnition wrote:
se1z wrote:Not really no, let me rephrase my question: what about CPMA is so repellent that you think it wont fit into a new game?

They need their almighty 50-year-old VQ3 gameplay, or the game sucks.

imo they will notice the big big big fault in their plan soon after beta release that ppl(people)(people) just wont be satisfied with cpm physics.
Same what happened to QL, they will eventually add the other physics.. - but it will hurt community and ppl(people)(people) will already move-on to other games... like QL, just shit logic..

quake live is horse shit compared to what reflex devs are planning. id software didn't gave a damn shit about making quake live enjoyable to newbies neither adapting it to modern times (skins, hats...). they literally picked up the quake 3 engine, made it launchable from a browser and voila: the same game people have been playing for 15 years - same engine, same textures, same sounds, same maps, everything.
they're really narrow-minded.
you know what would bring lots of players to quake live? just having the new registered players get the pro features for free, for like, 2 weeks. something as simple as that.

reflex devs, in comparasion, are actually receiving a lot of feedback from the community and taking their suggestions and they actually show progress in a genre that seemed pretty much dead.
reflex engine is being made new from scratch.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxnwax7jzYs[/youtube]

ok guys, feel free to debate. :)
santile

Postby muckster » Oct 2nd, '14, 3:00 pm

Why do you even need a pro sub in QL...Are you even playing QL?
muckster

Postby santile » Oct 3rd, '14, 1:57 pm

ter wrote:Why do you even need a pro sub in QL...Are you even playing QL?

The last time I played QL you need a pro sub in orded to be able to play the maps you wanted, make map votes and play in PRO servers. If you don't have a PRO you gotta play the standart map rotation crap (which sucks for people who like duels, like me, since 90 percent of the time the map was Focal Point or ZTN on russia 120ms).
santile

Postby muckster » Oct 3rd, '14, 2:06 pm

Maybe you need to read about the latest changes in QL also the previous ones ;)
muckster

Postby ihavebadsound » Nov 12th, '14, 6:47 pm

So far, reflex is not as good for defrag as cpm is.

-no clipping
-you can't really trick jump with plasma
-no overturn, no overbounce

It pays the price of casualization to be alive. It's still cpm though so I will be playing their ranked race mode.
ihavebadsound

Postby Arcaon » Nov 17th, '14, 3:13 am

does anyone actually like overbounces
Arcaon

Postby RetroHelix » Nov 23rd, '14, 2:01 pm

Arcaon wrote:does anyone actually like overbounces

They make tricking for me more fun. So. yes I like them.
RetroHelix

Previous