Board index Off Topic random

Your favorite speedruns

You know what this means

Your favorite speedruns

Postby <hk> » May 20th, '13, 4:20 pm

I am watching a lot of speedruns lately. Here is two of my favorites.

Cosmo running OoT Any% while explaining what kind of glitches he uses. And the history of discovering them. 23 minutes of constant WTF.

I like Windwaker even more than Ocarina of Time but it's a pretty long speedrun. Also this is not his fastest time but here he doesn't make so many obious mistakes.

This is just relaxing to watch.
That game has flow. Even the special moves don't slow him down. While the animation of that 'clear whole screen' runs he can move even though the character is not on screen.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Your favorite speedruns

Postby wubwub » May 20th, '13, 8:26 pm

K r a n K F o r C e

OoT all medallions is even glitchier and wackier than any%, any% is like this shit tier category ever since the wrongwarp was implemented :( cosmo did an all medallions run for another marathon with the same general level of explanations of everything:

there's tons of good games for runs out there, i'm not entirely sure what i could call a favourite. i think my general recent highlight would be breakdown's super meat boy 106% run at AGDQ with the two lead devs (creators? idk) on skype with the room for the better half of the run:

it also has mike "worse than hitler" uyama on the couch so how could it not be entertaining

generally i can watch anything that requires execution, rpg games and the like are typically unfun to watch because they're just menu/inventory simulator 2000~
wubwub

Postby gnj » Oct 23rd, '13, 1:12 am

Here we go!

One of my favorites. Also really liked the Zelda stuff you posted hk.
gnj

Postby [gt]neiT. » Oct 28th, '13, 11:57 am

very good topic - i am currently waiting for ADAM_AK to finish GTA3 any% with 13:30portland final time hope 1:15:xxx/1:16:xxx :) and yea my favourite speedruns are from adam_ak streaming em on twitch
[gt]neiT.