Board index Off Topic random

What do you do for a living?

You know what this means

Re: What do you do for a living?

Postby DF/// ifoo » Jan 6th, '12, 7:45 pm

I work for Sony DADC, where we, amongst other things, have (almost) fully automated supply chains for media files... we receive files from labels and then convert/blabla and finally deliver it to dozens of media platforms (like VEVO, itunes, etc...)
and i'm a key operator for the supply chain for onestop china, a chinese music plattform.
basically i need proper SQL knowledge for lookin stuff up in databases and writing scripts etc. and basic unix shell knowledge.
so im daily fixing supply chain errors, trying to reach a high degree of automation, and test the new stuff (code changes/enhancements) from the developers before it goes live.

its a cool job, the only thing that sucks a bit is the pay.
but i guess you cant have a pay like a BOSS after 3 months of employment.

and im sure after you've read that, you think there are much better ways to waste your time than reading that.

IN YOUR FACE, BOOYA
DF/// ifoo

Postby <hk> » Jan 6th, '12, 9:01 pm

Next time you forward some media content, could you forget to put the DRM in?
That would be nice.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby 742617000027 » Jan 14th, '12, 10:41 pm

Studying Audio Production in Berlin since fall 2011, finishing my Economics bachelor parallel to that. I make music and/or sounds all day :p

Postby rlx|mini » Jan 15th, '12, 12:58 am

nice stuff ifoo and 742617000027 :clap:

i studied mediatechnology, and worked for fraunhofer institute for 1 year in ilmenau.im specialized on the sound field reproduction technique called wave field synthesis (wfs), which will be standard in all cinemas sooner or later. then i worked for 'deluxe music' a music television channel in germany as a sound artist. but later decided to start in a smaller company, coding webshops for some well known companies :) and im happy :D . big companies are stressful!
rlx|mini

Postby TittenIgnition » Jan 15th, '12, 2:23 am

742617000027 wrote:Studying Audio Production in Berlin since fall 2011, finishing my Economics bachelor parallel to that. I make music and/or sounds all day :p

Good to know; I recently became interested in audio and all that crap. You should pour your knowledge into me :D
wtf i have a signature?
TittenIgnition

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Jan 16th, '12, 12:56 am

PhD. Student in urban/civil engineering, my thesis is about urban energtic.
Basicaly I'm reviewing models all day, so that I can simplify and assemble them. Then we can code a software for computing every possible energy consumption, like heating/cooling buildings, transport (people/goods/waste), street lighting etc. and construction/deconstruction of all these stuff.
For that we also need some kind of theoritical bases, so I'm messing around with thermodynamics (especially far from equilibrium second law). And we also need to make input/output data that are understable by urban planners.

To make it simple : I tell civil engineer they are nerds, and urban planners they are hipsters.
MidiMightyMoe

Postby DF///Kov3nant » Feb 2nd, '12, 10:24 am

I used to be a mechanic in the us army. Now I drive a patrol car and carry a 9mm cz75 on army bases. I went to college for computer science tho and do a lot of hobby and freelance projects. Mainly in java and python (my favorites) and I'm slowly getting into custom Rom development for android phones.
DF///Kov3nant

Postby SPACEFAGGOTBAR » Mar 3rd, '12, 4:26 pm

bumps,

I work at a huge warehouse which sells nails,scrubs and all other stuff made out of metal/iron, wood and plastic, everything what a tailor/roofer/shriner needs :d

SCH brown and yellow, some people from eastern countries might know :]
SPACEFAGGOTBAR

Postby bunny » Mar 4th, '12, 3:36 pm

quit school when i was 13 since then i spend a lot of time playing osp, cpma, defrag
i often enjoy just being in meh headsor
i also have a few friends i'm trying to help with their problems
tyaz ran across the autobahn today, hes got a job now and i bet he will soon find a noo home
poor guy had to spend the last few 2 months on mah couch ^^
gang arrived bai bai XD
have a nice day everybody ^^ *hugs*
real Crysis Warhead.
penis.
bunny

Postby >Celtic< » Mar 6th, '12, 1:48 am

Actually i stay all day long sit in from a computer doing pretty much nothin :) i have a small bussines :) i just wait until ppl(people) come to my store to buy stuff =D its hard work but someone have to do it =D hahahaha i "work" almost 10 hours a day :(
>Celtic<

PreviousNext