Board index Off Topic random

CPU Cooler

You know what this means

CPU Cooler

Postby <)Ghost(> » Oct 29th, '10, 6:41 pm

im thinking about buying a new cpu cooler so i can overclock my processor, im looking for something to easily install without having to take out my mobo completely, from the looks of my case it seems like i can just do it without taking it out, however if it comes down to it i will have no choice to take it out. among hours of research this was the best one i could find with a reasonable price .... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835181010

which comes to my next question... has anyone ever cleaned thermal paste off their cpu? im honestly really afraid to do it, i dont wanna fuck up my processor considering my warranty on it is gone. whats the most effective way of doing it, i saw many utube "how to's" but was wondering if anyone here could give me some input.

some specs:
intel i7 920
asus p6t v2 deluxe motherboard
<)Ghost(>

Re: CPU Cooler

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Oct 29th, '10, 10:51 pm

My roommate has it, and it has really great cooling capabilities, and is very easy to install. You will have to do a bit of "mechanic" however, since you'll most likely have to revert the flow in your case so you'll have to flip fans.

It's really a good solution between a full waterblock adn air-cooling, but I just doubt it's eally useful since you hardly get over 30% cpu usage with i7 .

Also, it's not, if silence matters for you, it's not as efficient as you could think in this regard, the pump makes quite a lot of noise (nothing terrible though).
MidiMightyMoe

Postby <)Ghost(> » Oct 31st, '10, 6:33 am

i dont really care about the noise my fans make enough noise as it is. as long as it cools the cpu when i overclock it.
<)Ghost(>

Postby MidiMightyMoe » Oct 31st, '10, 4:41 pm

Then it's great :)
MidiMightyMoe