uN*DeaD|ZERG (C)

Re: QUAKE LIVE

Postby <hk> » Sep 16th, '10, 11:56 am

Certainly not me.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby 742617000027 » Sep 16th, '10, 1:01 pm

I was and I also did some maps. But I lost interest.

Postby RetroHelix » Sep 17th, '10, 8:38 am

I tried it out, realised that its to late to start fragging instead of jumping after so many years and left :D . All I did besides 1 real match was the practicelevel some tricking-maps, 3-5 bot-matches and ripping the new crash-model :)
I liked it to play some rocketarena or quake-dm ingeneral back in the days but now the fun is gone.
RetroHelix

Postby Phoenix » Sep 17th, '10, 10:31 pm

Tried it for a month. Found nothing but a horrible conversion of gameplay (didn't feel the same) along with no competition and/or horribly matched teams (ctf and ca). And I mean like 6v4 with people refusing to fix it not just skill. Plus they completely ruined ctf4 >.> I'll stick with my q3 :)

I'd honestly rather pay $1000 for a copy of Quake 3 1.33 or 2.0 from iD software (bug fixes (not OBs), graphical/sound enhancements, extended mapping possibilities ... stuff like that ... nothing huge) than to play Quake Live for free.
Phoenix

Postby $$-albion » Sep 18th, '10, 12:42 am

Phoenix wrote:I'd honestly rather pay $1000 for a copy of Quake 3 1.33 or 2.0 from iD software (bug fixes (not OBs), graphical/sound enhancements, extended mapping possibilities ... stuff like that ... nothing huge) than to play Quake Live for free.

You'd really pay a thousand bucks for a game? ;D
But yeah, you're right, they raped the original quake 3 vq3 physics and messed around with the weapons too much.
Also the premium-accounts are pretty gay. OK 25$ or so for a year isn't that much, but still, you never had to pay for any mods or maps made for q3, now they finally copied all the better stuff of q3 and they force you to pay for it. Total rip-off.
$$-albion

Postby Phoenix » Sep 18th, '10, 7:27 am

Yes. Pay extra $$$ to get maps that are 10 years old and free in Q3 ... YAY! They had better at least be paying the map authors...
Phoenix

Postby Po0dle » Dec 17th, '10, 12:10 am

I play, so if you want to get your ass kicked, go right ahead and add me. I actually started defragging to get better movement in vq3, now I took my strafes to QL. Works perfectly, even though I'm pretty noob here I'm quite fast there.

Well, I kind of like it 'cause it used to be hard getting training in VQ3. No-one ever played or you had to wait for hours to squeeze out one match. QL makes it a lot easier. Map pool was never changed in Q3, certainly not last few years, with QL when you introduce a new map you got a mass audience listening, instead of just a voice crying out in the wilderness.
Po0dle

Postby amt-morbus » Dec 19th, '10, 1:54 am

There is a project called Fraglove. A website with an automated installer for quake3 and mods. Its for free and original q3 stuff.

Its not finished yet but check out the site...
amt-morbus

Postby bunny » Dec 19th, '10, 1:10 pm

and i thought downloading instead of buying it would be illegal!
darn! i'm always so wrong!
gonna dl that freakin pak0.pk3 nao! thx for the site!
hail piracy, fuck id!

cmon srsly..not again -.-
real Crysis Warhead.
penis.
bunny

Next