Board index Off Topic random

S4 league

You know what this means

S4 league

Postby <hk> » Jul 2nd, '10, 11:41 pm

S4 league is one of my favorite so called "casual games".

You get to play a very anime looking Avatar in 3rd person. You have a selection of various movements special moves and weapons. The goal is to get better in the global ranking. You can play Team Deathmatch, Touchdown( Capture the flag like ), Arcade ( story mode ) and Chaser ( Tag like ALLvs1 ).

The game is P2P. This means there are no servers involved and is therefore very fast on LAN games. You can play at very high pings due to the very robust protocol.

What is special about this game?
They managed to combine Weapons and melee combat. You can even play Swords only and still have a chance beating shooting weapon players by using various sprint and evasion moves. You have some kind of energy bar that enables you to use specials like flying or shield. You have to carefully choose your equip.

The game is free but to get hold of the very good items you have to either play a lot to get PEN to gamble for items or just buy equip with AP, which you only get with real money. Most of the cloth are only buyable with AP (when you are into fashion you won't get around this).

Sword only sub game type with very neat ambient music:

Touchdown with shooting weapons:

1vs1 with shooting weapons:
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: S4 league

Postby $$-albion » Jul 3rd, '10, 10:30 am

:o Seen this one before, it kinda reminded me of GunZ :D --> http://gunz.ijji.com/
That shit was pretty cool :D Played the beta for a while, but then I quit when I got really hooked on quake 3 :D
$$-albion

Postby <hk> » Jul 3rd, '10, 1:50 pm

I am also playing since the beta release, but the game changes so fast. I play once every 3 month and every time I connect there is a new weapon or new menu layout. I am one of the few that still has 2 sub machineguns equiped. That's not possible anymore so i dare to take them out of the slots. I can focus all my cloth on submachine gun +2 ore something like that.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby $$-albion » Jul 4th, '10, 2:32 am

<hk> wrote:I am also playing since the beta release, but the game changes so fast. I play once every 3 month and every time I connect there is a new weapon or new menu layout. I am one of the few that still has 2 sub machineguns equiped. That's not possible anymore so i dare to take them out of the slots. I can focus all my cloth on submachine gun +2 ore something like that.

Dunno if you meant S4 league or GunZ, I meant the GunZ beta btw ^^ :D but still I forgot all about GunZ until some guy started talking about it again :D ahhh I had so many nostalgia moments the past few weeks :p
$$-albion

Postby AL!EN » Jul 5th, '10, 9:58 am

"Here you can buy AP (alaplaya Points) for your alaplaya account."

No thx.
"strafe is the most important 'weapon' in defrag" - <hk>
AL!EN

Postby <hk> » Jul 5th, '10, 10:04 am

You can do almost the same with PEN, but you have to play good. I gave up on buying items that vanish after 30 days. I don't play nearly as often to really use them. So i just wear standard cloth and standard weapons on my new accounts. My old accounts still have unlimited items. I got them before they stopped selling them.

I also still have the same weapon in 2 slots. Not possible anymore.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7