Board index mDd Board The mDd servers

Development Timeline

Talk about Servers within the mDd server network

Development Timeline

Postby <hk> » Jul 18th, '13, 1:03 pm

What we want to change on the mDd servers.

Servers
  • Botstrafe detection
  • Walllingering detection
  • Custom Callvotes (like callvote killobs,devmap,funmode,hptimer)
  • New server provider (less lags)
  • !tell to send messages to specific players + offline messages
Background
  • Less DLL dependencies
  • Use webservice to talk to Mainland server
  • Lua interface for modules
  • Award system(no details)

Website
  • File upload for the wiki
  • New Pinboard Layout
  • Admin Interface
  • Award system(see above)
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Re: Development Timeline

Postby Crysis Warhead » Jul 19th, '13, 12:42 am

Request change for strafebot detection, if anti-strafebot system detects the strafebot code being loaded into the client's engine (quake3, ioquake3, dfengine, iodfe, cnq3 etc), it will kick the target player who attempted to use strafebot.
ممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایران
Image Image
Crysis Warhead
war this cryhead

Postby Timothy » Jul 19th, '13, 5:53 am

^Will it kick you?
Timothy

Postby Crysis Warhead » Jul 19th, '13, 7:19 am

Timothy wrote:^Will it kick you?
I said: It only kicks the target player if he/she attempts to use strafebot. For example, if Player 1 tries to use strafebot on our server, then Player 1 will be kicked.
ممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایرانممنوع در جمهوری اسلامی ایران
Image Image
Crysis Warhead
war this cryhead

Postby <hk> » Jul 19th, '13, 9:02 am

I'd rather do it serverside.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7

Postby [fps]Mntr » Jul 20th, '13, 8:38 pm

Crysis Warhead wrote:Request change for strafebot detection, if anti-strafebot system detects the strafebot code being loaded into the client's engine (quake3, ioquake3, dfengine, iodfe, cnq3 etc), it will kick the target player who attempted to use strafebot.

do you even have a clue how strafebot works?...
[fps]Mntr

Postby Crysis Warhead » Sep 10th, '13, 9:16 pm

Okay, let's make it clear:

I've decided to call the strafebot and wallbug detection "ADC", which is acronym of "Anti-DeFRaG Cheat". The system should be automated and constantly updated to prevent exploits and false-positives to the strafebot and wallbug detection.

When the ADC detected a strafebot and/or wallbug on players system, it will flag them as cheating, and will ban them in days or weeks after the original detection.

Servers are ADC-secured if the following notification is displayed in console upon joining the server - "NOTE: This server is ADC-secured."

When a player is banned by ADC will display a message when attempting to join an ADC-secured server:

"YOU HAVE BEEN ADC-BANNED."

Disadvantages:

ADC does not detect aimbots, as DeFRaG mod does not involve in fragging players.

ADC cannot ban players that are not logged in to any server.

Rationale:

All ADC bans are temporary, this is always 24 hours.

Servers that will support ADC:

All 4e servers
All GTK servers
All cpu servers
$$-Gorgonzola Defrag Megahouse *
All ZA servers
All quasi servers

Except for 4e | Defrag Freestyle.
Except for GTK Defrag Freestyle.
* There is only one Swedish server.

Note:
ADC will only apply a ban to the server the cheat was detected in. For example, an ADC ban on a GTK server will not affect 4e servers.

Conclusion:

I should get <hk> to develop such anti-cheat.
Image Image
Crysis Warhead
war this cryhead

Postby mu-cki » Sep 10th, '13, 11:22 pm

Get a hobby dippppppa :mrgreen:
mu-cki
mu-cki

Postby <hk> » Sep 10th, '13, 11:41 pm

Since all your posts look like this, I suppose this is not a trollpost. Here is my sincere reply.

Crysis Warhead wrote:I've decided to call the strafebot and wallbug detection "ADC", which is acronym of "Anti-DeFRaG Cheat".

I disagree :)
ADC clearly stands for "Analog to Digital Converter" :)

Crysis Warhead wrote:
The system should be automated and constantly updated to prevent exploits and false-positives to the strafebot and wallbug detection.

Cheaters always have a time-advantage over an Anti cheating system. Fortunately most players have really old versions of strafe bots that can easily be filtered. But once the bot programmers react to a bot detection this whole process will get quite hard on my end. False positives will occur all over the place. I am not willing to accept that.

Crysis Warhead wrote:
When the ADC detected a strafebot and/or wallbug on players system, it will flag them as cheating, and will ban them in days or weeks after the original detection.

Banning in quake3 is near impossible without colateral damage.

Crysis Warhead wrote:
Servers are ADC-secured if the following notification is displayed in console upon joining the server - "NOTE: This server is ADC-secured."

When a player is banned by ADC will display a message when attempting to join an ADC-secured server:

"YOU HAVE BEEN ADC-BANNED."

This is not counterstrike.

Crysis Warhead wrote:Servers that will support ADC:

You are not in any position to decide stuff like this. Stop pretending to be an administrator or anything but a regular player on q3df.org servers or the website.

Crysis Warhead wrote:I should get <hk> to develop such anti-cheat.

Develop it your self.

I have my own anti cheating stuff in mind and I implement them as I see fit. You basically have the right ideas and we can talk about them but since I'll be the one writing the code, I'll make the decisions, thankyouverymuch.
<hk>
Menstruating 24/7